June 2013 Weddings
Options

XP:: BROKE MY ANKLE!!

64 days to go And I manage to break my ankle. We are just overly thrilled about this (total sarcasm).

last night I came down the stairs and I slipped, stupid i know. Ive never lived in a houae with stairs, and these are the steepest ive ever seen for a house. i twisted my ankle and tried to shake it off. Slept like crud, woke up and my ankle was all black n blue and a bit puffy. I had already managed to get the day off today (go figure) so they were all surprised when I showed up to have my boss do an X-ray (I'm a Certified med asst). He checked and sure enough I have a fracture.

Off to my foot doctor we went.... We talked him out of casting it since i need to work. he agreed to my walking boot if I follow the rules, reevaluate in 4 weeks and hope were good to go. Trying to be positive since last time was so aweful. Something similar to my right ankle 3 yrs ago, was in a cast for 4 weeks and a walking boot for almost 10 more And I still have pain.

Going to call the seamstress tomorrow and see how much it'll cost to make my dress shorter. Having my final fitting and pick up in 2 weeks, its altered to the shoes I picked, that I haven't mastered walking in (I never wear heels).. Concerned I won't have time to be used to them, and now extra concerned my current foot won't be able to handle it. FI Asked if I want to postpone our honeymoon since were going on a cruise. I told him were going and reminded him I may just have to get the water brace like I did last time.

May just have to get creative and decorate a black walking boot for under my white dress.

Ah well... Life goes on!!!

Re: XP:: BROKE MY ANKLE!!

• Options
    Oh no!!!  That is awful.  Fractures are worse than breaks, I swear they are more painful and take longer to heal.  I'm sure no matter what though it will all work out and you will have a great wedding.  And a decorated boot may make for some fun photos.  Keep your chin up, or I should say your leg up and get better soon!
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no!  I'm so sorry-- I hope you feel better and wish you a fast recovery!  It can totally depend of the fracture so hopefully since they let you not cast it it may be a small fracture than can heal quickly.  You may want to rethink heels all together or at least have a pair of comfy flats of flip flops for after the ceremony.  Coming off an injury like that you may be sore for awhile and heels will not help. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_xp-broke-my-ankle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:56b87fd2-2e6a-4514-b5c8-3f8c577a0e68Post:cc708968-6912-4846-8e96-5b0679355a69">Re: XP:: BROKE MY ANKLE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no!  I'm so sorry-- I hope you feel better and wish you a fast recovery!  It can totally depend of the fracture so hopefully since they let you not cast it it may be a small fracture than can heal quickly.  You may want to rethink heels all together or at least have a pair of comfy flats of flip flops for after the ceremony.  Coming off an injury like that you may be sore for awhile and heels will not help. 
    Posted by erinlin25[/QUOTE]

My brain has kinda been going that way too.... FI did go buy me a nice neoprene brace yesterday so permitting the walking boot is gone I still have something for the honeymoon.

I'm trying to limit how much I go up and down the stairs, but with the kids gone its not going to well.
  • Options
    Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! I think a sparkly, decorated boot could be pretty fabulous. :)
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards