June 2013 Weddings
Options

Kids?

So we're still a couple months away from the wedding, but already fiance's family is asking us when we're going to have kids. It's no big deal, I just think it's funny. My response is usually "Sometime after we're married, let us get through the wedding first".

Has anybody else had their families ask when you're going to pop out some kids?
Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

Re: Kids?

• Options
    I have 3 boys from my first marriage. everyone keeps asking FI and I when we are having one together and they act all bent out of shape when we say WE AREN'T I can't!!! Had a hysterectomy at 28 Just tell them that is between u and fi
  • Options
    ALL THE TIME, lol.  I'm 30 so grandparents, parents, friends, that is always the #1 question.  We just tell them we are in no rush and want to enjoy married life.  FI and I know we want kids but definitely know we are not ready-- just getting into buying a house & we own a small business (only 18 months in), so time and financially speaking we are not ready.  I just say we want to have a house first and a stable business before we even consider kids.  And then I change the subject.  Nobodys business but your own so just politey move around it.   

Anniversary
  • Options
    We had our shower with FI's family last weekend and it was all anyone could talk about. We are hoping to have our first in the spring of 2015, so we'll wait a year after the wedding before TTC. Giving people the timeline helped (a little), but we didn't mind the question too much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:834fa6f2-75f2-417e-a6c3-9fbb83ff39d6Post:d85aa64e-9d08-4ad9-935b-2a231ff5e47b">Re: Kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ALL THE TIME, lol.  I'm 30 so grandparents, parents, friends, that is always the #1 question.  We just tell them we are in no rush and want to enjoy married life.  FI and I know we want kids but definitely know we are not ready-- just getting into buying a house & we own a small business (only 18 months in), so time and financially speaking we are not ready.  I just say we want to have a house first and a stable business before we even consider kids.  And then I change the subject.  Nobodys business but your own so just politey move around it.   
    Posted by erinlin25[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I just finished school and been out of work for 4 months as I look for something in my field. So with the wedding coming up and student loan payments to follow, definitely not ready lol. We're going to start with a furbaby first I think
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    Yeah, for some reason people can't seem to keep their eye on the ball... let alone their nose out of personal business. I mean really, we're still planning the wedding and they're already asking questions and dropping hints about babies! 

I keep saying, we need to get through the wedding first! Sheesh, we're not even married yet... one thing at a time. 

And, on the off chance we do oblige anyone with answers... we say we're only planning to have one and then the inevitable "you can't just have one!" comment is blurted out. To which I lean forward and ask "why not?" -just to see if they dare say anything negative about only children, so I can remind them that I AM AN ONLY CHILD -so there's nothing wrong with it. That usually makes them either shut up, feel bad or drop the subject... if I'm lucky, all three! Lol! 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm 19 and my FI will be 22 by the time were married. We STILL get this all the time. It's the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I mean really, I'm 19. Yes, I know that I will be with him for the rest of my life, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to be a mother.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:834fa6f2-75f2-417e-a6c3-9fbb83ff39d6Post:05e2dcea-1244-474c-bd1f-4da86a263cd0">Re: Kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kids? : I know what you mean. I just finished school and been out of work for 4 months as I look for something in my field. So with the wedding coming up and student loan payments to follow, definitely not ready lol. We're going to start with a <strong>furbaby first I think</strong>
    Posted by swimmy1988[/QUOTE]

That is our plan!

Anniversary
  • Options
    We have the exact opposite with our families! Haha! We already have a son and 3 furbabies so our families always say you're going to wait a while before adding any more to the family, right? We always tell then we're going to wait a couple years for any more animals or children, but honestly we're already talking about another dog and we'll probably start working on another child about a year after the wedding!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards