June 2013 Weddings

Change in VIP RSVPs

Anyone else having issues with your VIPs suddenly telling you they aren't going to make it?
In the last two days my grandparents, stepmother, two little brothers, MOH/cousin, Aunt and Uncle have all told me they would most likely not be able to make it. My aunt had offered to make my cake for me when I first got engaged, and now I'm scrambling to try and find an alternative option. My grandparents can't make it because my grandmother has gotten really sick (and the doctor can't seem to figure out why) so I'm really worried about her, and everyone else is having financial issues.
I understand, but it still really sucks....

ETA: These are all people who previously said they would make it, and I even changed my wedding date originally to accommodate one of them so they could be there.
Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent

Re: Change in VIP RSVPs

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_change-in-vip-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:9df2240a-7009-4028-8132-9da0187ae4cePost:cc822fc5-5e9c-4a68-a012-acff39d6b303">Re:Change in VIP RSVPs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just be happy if the post office would stop refusing to deliver my RSVPs. They all get stamped "no receptacle" but they have no problem bringing me junk mail.
    Posted by EllaYoung[/QUOTE]

Ugh that's no fun.
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • I had one VIP tell me they can't make it, and at this point I am glad.They have done nothing but cause drama at all the family events in the past few months. 
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've had some people I considered VIPs change their minds and it's pretty frustrating but what can you do about it?  Sigh...
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yea this sucks but its your wedding so its really about you two. Let's face it you wouldnt necessary even be able to see them the day of. I threw some wedding parties and because i was busy talking and thanking guest i barley saw my vips for a even second. :( sad but true. Family is supportive no matter where they are dont try to get so upset over it. my brother just joined the army leaving next week  and our best man and his wife are in afganistan for deployment but we found that out a couple months ago. unfortuntally life doesnt stop for our wedding no matter how muh we think it should :)
  • This has happened to several people on FI's side. He made sure to tell them far in advance because most of them have to travel, and they all assured him they would absolutely be there & were SO excited to come. Now, our RSVP deadline is in a couple weeks and suddenly they "can't get off work" etc. Yeah, that's why we told you so long ago! FI is really upset because none of them told him, they just sent in "No" RSVPs with no warning. It would have been easier to take if they had added a note, or called or emailed to explain. I feel so bad for him that his family is letting him down. He's only going to have 1 aunt and 1 cousin there, plus his mom and a couple friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards