August 2013 Weddings
Options

Need Cheap quick Bridesmaid dress ideas & links!

Hello Fellow 8/13's!!

Now that we are within the 3 month mark, I am starting to get excited!

My dress came in 2 days ago and I get to try it on for the first time next Saturday, yay!

Anyway, I am VERY adamant that I do not have my Bridesmaids spend anything close to over $100 on their dresses. Really, I would be more comfortable at the $50 range and it's ok to go up to the $75 range.  I am not doing this because they are broke btw, it's the point of it all.  Not to mention, they are all flying across the ocean to be there! LOL!!

Can you PLEASE give me some ideas?!  I need to check this off my list by next month!

Thank you! Thank you!

Jen

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need Cheap quick Bridesmaid dress ideas & links!

• Options
    maybe check macy's, jcpenney, or kohls - they have cute dresses that could be used as BM dresses
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Check the Target bridesmaids line if they are comfortable ordering online! There's also always the any little black dress approach...
  • Options
    We did jcrew factory's website since my BMs are all over the place.  (I also didn't want them spending more than $100.)  We found great dresses for $60 on there and everyone likes them.
  • Options
    Try little borrowed dress -- it costs $50 to rent a dress for two weeks, $150 if they want to buy.

I 'rented' one in December just to feel comfortable with the rental process and was really happy with the quality of the dress, so we're using them for our wedding! I also called them several times with questions and they were very helpful.
  • Options
    kryan32kryan32 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

We ordered dresses from PacificPlex.com.  This is a second wedding for me and for FI so our wedding party is our children and I couldn't spend hundreds of dollars on dresses for them.  :)  I picked a dress that would be figure-flattering and appropriate for FI's older daughter (28), my daugher (18), and FI's younger daughter (13), and then let them choose the colors they wanted.  I know it's a little backwards to do it that way but the colors look lovely together and I don't really care that they're not 100% the same...  Anyway, I found a 15% off coupon on one of the websites (maybe retailmenot?) and shipping was really fast.  I'll have to get the dresses pressed/steamed at our local drycleaner's, but ordering online saved us a lot of money and hassle...

Take care,

Kim

• Options
    We got the bridesmaid's dresses at a little boutique called Francesca's.  They were on sale for $30 each.  I basically told them the colors I was thinking and let them pick whatever they wanted.  We took one day and went to several stores, and they actually ended up picking the same dress in two different colors, which I love!  I agree that it's silly to spend $100-200  on a dress they may not even like.  I wanted my girls to be comfortable and not go broke for my wedding. 

• Options
    We ended up ordering at Target.com!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards