Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Cellphone/Camera ban

124»

Re: Cellphone/Camera ban

• edited September 2013
    I'm glad I'm not the only one worried a bit about this!  This is what I did - going to put a little blurb in my programs (and it's also on our website). I didn't want to come off as a bridezilla but also didn't want my first kiss pictures to end up with a random arm sticking out lol

"With the advance of cellphones, everyone is a photographer these days! We would love nothing more than to see all the great shots taken with your phones!

We picked an app that allows you all to upload what you take at the wedding, right to the site!  You just search your app store for WedPics. Once you have it, look for *******, that's us!

http://www.wedpics.com

We can't wait to see what pops up! We would only ask that during the service, be aware that we will have our photographer running around trying to get pictures too! So an arm sticking out of the aisle during our first kiss might not be the best idea.

*loud speaker amusement park voice* Please keep all arms and legs inside the wedding at all times. This is for your safety. We cannot be responsible for the Bride if she runs down the aisle to football tackle you due to errant arms.

Juuuust kidding!
    But do be considerate and remember this is a family wedding.

Snap away friends!! "

Hopefully the jokey manner will offset the fact that I'm worried people will not be aware of our photographer ( I do know my family and friends.. some of them won't think anything of raising an arm to get pics lol )  Of course, if we do get arms, legs, or whatever else - Photoshop is wonderful lol
    Soooooooo I can't show my tits?
    OMG, now I'm remembering the post where the bride was all upset that her sister (or was it SIL) got implants before the wedding. And someone (Addie, I think?) was all, 'If I were her, I'd wear sparkly pasties and run down the aisle screaming "Look at my tittaaaaaaaaaaays!"' And I'm LMAOing all over again.
  • I like the idea but some people would like to take a picture or two.

• My thinking is that we have hired a photographer who we know and trust.  We are paying them to take care of the photography.  There is no need for guests to do this.  For one thing, I would hate for my professional photographer to capture photos of everyone busily using their phones.  Secondly, I want our photos to be shared how and when we are ready.  To me, a wedding is a personal event.  Having my wedding shared live via Twitter or Instagram makes me very uncomfortable.  I am probably at the far end of this spectrum, but I feel this way for both the ceremony and the reception.  To me, it's a like smoking, if you insist on doing it, you can duck outside for a few minutes rather than subject the rest of us to being your Instagram subjects.
  • I find it strange and rude to dictate what your guests do with their personal belongings. As a guest, I wouldn't mind documenting my friends big moments. I know that I am looking forward to seeing the photos my guests take at my own wedding.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards