Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Too Hot in MidSeptember?

FI and I are thinking of having our ceremony outside on September 14th. Since I've only experienced one Texas summer, wondering if it will be too warm for a 6:30pm wedding

Re: Too Hot in MidSeptember?

• Options
    weather.com has average and record temps by day...September 14 has an average high of 89 degrees which to me would be on the hot side, especially for the guys in suits. It would be more manageable if you had shade or misting fans. the sun sets at 7:37 on that date, you might consider pushing the ceremony time back a bit if you're worried about it being too hot, that would at least ensure you're not out there with the sun beating on you! Really no matter what day you pick you're relying on luck to some extent, just make sure you have some sort of contingency plans for rain/heat/cold for outdoor weddings.
  • Options
    I think late September -- like the 28th -- would be the earliest I would try it.
  • Options
    I think it is still pretty hot in September, especially mid-September.  I agree with Stephie -- the later the better.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I went to a wedding September 22 of last year and it was really nice weather. The ceremony was outside but it was shaded by huge trees so im sure that helped. I remember it being comfortable.
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to Re: Too Hot in MidSeptember?:
    [QUOTE]I went to a wedding September 22 of last year and it was really nice weather. The ceremony was outside but it was shaded by huge trees so im sure that helped. I remember it being comfortable.
    Posted by tiffanygoss[/QUOTE]

This is really interesting because my wedding was also on 9/22 and it was RIDICULOUSLY hot. Maybe it had to do with timing though, because our ceremony was at 5 PM and one of my CW's had her wedding at 6 PM with no complaints. The groom's side had started to become shaded at the beginning of our ceremony. Either way, even just taking photos beforehand was impossible to do without working up a sweat.

All of that is to say that I think normally late September is pretty safe, but I would definitely rule out mid-September (if I were you). And, because of what I mentioned above, I would recommend a 6 PM or later start time, even with late Sept. HTH.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards