Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Dance Lessons

Hi all.  I'm looking for somewhere to take wedding dance lessons.   I live in Uptown and probably would prefer to keep it in a 15-20 mile radius.  There are so many places listed when I googled it, so if anyone has personal recommendations to help me narrow the choices down I would appreciate it.

Thanks and happy Sunday!
Soon to be Mrs. Guidi Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dance Lessons

• Options
    I think Arthur Murray does a great job.  Two of our friends started taking lessons there probably a year and a half before their wedding and I am super jealous of their skills.  There's one off of 635 between Preston and Hillcrest.
    Anniversary

• Options
    There's another Arthur Murray in Plano at Independence and Spring Valley (I think).
  • Options
    I'd also look into The Rhythm Room (link) and Vow to Dance (same people, but different packages/classes focused on people preparing for weddings, link) on Greenville. I've taken swing classes with Kathy and Elaine, and they're both fantastic instructors. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

We took private lessons from a lady based in the mid-cities area (so, that doesn't really help you, I know). I just wanted to chime in that I wish we hadn't taken lessons at all. I think you're probably far enough out that if you really want to make it happen, you can...but you really have to commit to it to make it work. While I do have a dance background, my H has 2 left feet. We probably started lessons out a month and a half before the wedding and it was honestly too much pressure. Everything turned out fine, but with so many other last minute projects to tackle, it stressed us out making time for it (and attempting to find time to practice). So I would suggest to get it going ASAP. 

Anyway, just my two cents! :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Dance Lessons:
    [QUOTE]We took private lessons from a lady based in the mid-cities area (so, that doesn't really help you, I know). I just wanted to chime in that I wish we hadn't taken lessons at all. I think you're probably far enough out that if you really want to make it happen, you can...but you really have to commit to it to make it work. While I do have a dance background, my H has 2 left feet. We probably started lessons out a month and a half before the wedding and it was honestly too much pressure. Everything turned out fine, but with so many other last minute projects to tackle, it stressed us out making time for it (and attempting to find time to practice). So I would suggest to get it going ASAP.  Anyway, just my two cents! :)
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]  

This makes sense, and explains why one of the dance places suggested planning it 4 to 6 months before the wedding. 

• Options
    In Response to Re: Dance Lessons:
    [QUOTE]I feel like they give a base list of prices on their website, but it's going to vary depending on what you want so your best bet is to call them yourself.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I didn't see anything on the few I looked at.  I was just wondering a general to see if it worth my time to investigate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards