Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Lazy bride seeks cheap Philly venue

Engaged. Have to plan a wedding for like Septemberish. So not into it. Does anyone have any thoughts on some places in the city that are not too expensive? 

I'm hoping to find someplace that is:

1) a funny place to have a wedding that my mother will find just slightly offputting

AND/OR

2) a place that will do most everything for me (I'm really hoping to half-ass this thing)

Re: Lazy bride seeks cheap Philly venue

• Options
    Why would you want a wedding that you are not into?? What does your budget look like? Are you looking for center city or the outskirts?
  • Options
    ils2004ils2004 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    ^^ I agree with PP.  Why would you spend time and money on something you are so not into?  I suppose you could hire a planner and have them orchestrate the entire affair within a budget, but you might be better off eloping.  It'd take significantly less effort. 
    *** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Lazy bride seeks cheap Philly venue:
    [QUOTE]^^ I agree with PP.  Why would you spend time and money on something you are so not into?  I suppose you could hire a planner and have them orchestrate the entire affair within a budget, but you might be better off eloping.  It'd take significantly less effort. 
    Posted by ils2004[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Or you could do a JOP ceremony and then have a small reception at a restaurant.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't think this poster came here for judgments about why she's having a wedding. Not everyone having a wedding is necessarily obsessed with all things wedding.

That being said, I'd suggest Waterview Lounge, one of the historic houses in Philly (Powel, Physick)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards