Chit Chat

Where ya from?

I've been wondering this for a while. Some brides are able to add where they live underneath their names, but some (like myself) don't have the option to add my location because it's not in the list.
TK only gives 3 options for Canadian cities, and Toronto, the closest one to me is still 2 provinces over lol.

So where is everyone from? And are you hosting your wedding locally or at a different destination?

Fi and I live in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. He's from here, but I'm from Nova Scotia. Our wedding will be held in Nova Scotia. Not my hometown, but the town where I attended university. I instantly fell in love with the area when I was choosing where to go to university after high school, and always imagined getting married there.
Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

Re: Where ya from?

• We live outside Dallas, but FI is from northeast Ohio and I'm from the Chicago suburbs.  We both miss the north, but the cost of living and economy here make it much easier to "get ahead" so to speak.  We are getting married in Dallas. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OP and first poster are fellow Canadians! Hello! I'm also from Canada - from Toronto. I moved to the UK to be with my FH two years ago and we're getting married in Nottingham on May 23rd. :)
  • My husband and I grew up in central MN, about 2 hours west of the Twin Cities. Right now we have an apartment in St Paul. BUT I am currently living in Nashville TN, for about 2 more weeks. I have been going to school here for the last 2 years, and yes, that includes planning our wedding and after getting married. I lived with him all last summer, and then came back to Nashville in August for school. I go home on breaks.I am very excited to graduate with my Master's and finally move home. 

Our wedding was in our hometown, and the reception was 2 towns over (about a 20 minute drive). 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to Re:Where ya from?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Where ya from?: My dad's mother's family was all from Baltimore, in the Bel Air area. We used to go visit my great grandmother and great Aunt Dot every time dad had more than two days off in a row. I swear, hell in July is not nearly as hot as Baltimore in the summer. There are so many things I miss about Baltimore, like the Inner Harbor, McCormick seasoning plant, the Museum of Natural History, Utz Old Bay potato chips, snow balls... So many fond memories! I even have a picture of me under the Ella Street sign. My sister has one if her under the Annetta street sign.
    Posted by EllaYoung[/QUOTE]

H and I were born and raised and still live in Bel Air, MD.

Funny enough I got married in mid July in Baltimore and it was, luckily, gorgeous weather and only 85 degrees with little humidity (again we were lucky as hell).

I love Baltimore!  Nothing is better then throwing back a Natty Boh, digging into some steamed crabs with a crap load of Old Bay, and then finishing it off with a yummy Berger cookie on a hot summer night.

• In Response to Re:Where ya from?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Where ya from?: My dad's mother's family was all from Baltimore, in the Bel Air area. We used to go visit my great grandmother and great Aunt Dot every time dad had more than two days off in a row. I swear, hell in July is not nearly as hot as Baltimore in the summer. There are so many things I miss about Baltimore, like the Inner Harbor, McCormick seasoning plant, the Museum of Natural History, Utz Old Bay potato chips, snow balls... So many fond memories! I even have a picture of me under the Ella Street sign. My sister has one if her under the Annetta street sign.
    Posted by EllaYoung[/QUOTE]

Haha I hear ya! I went to India when I was young during a summer break and there was almost no difference between India in July and Baltimore in July. Both are miserable. We have some pretty awesome food and things to do, for sure :)
  • edited April 2013

I was born and raised in Burlington, Ontario (about 45 mins from Toronto). FI was born and raised in Stoney Creek (15 mins away from Burlington). We now live in Stoney Creek together and just bought a new house in Hagersville (another 30 mins past Stoney Creek) that will be done less than a month from our wedding!! Our wedding will be in Hamilton because we have lots of friends and family in that area.

• I was born and raised in Wauwatosa, a suburb of Milwaukee. FI and I moved down to St. Louis last July and we're getting married in Milwaukee, since that is my hometown, where we met and lived together for three years (he had lived there for 8 years total), where most of our friends live, and where we'd like to move again in 5 years or so.
  • I was born in Brooklyn and moved to Staten Island a few years ago. We had our wedding in Staten Island. Everyone thought we were crazy for having a wedding in February, but the weather was actually beautiful and sunny. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards