Chit Chat
Options

NWR: Need Some Positive Knottie Vibes

So my dad started a new treatment on Friday and the side effects have already kicked in.  He has a fever and the chills, uncontrollable bowel movements (sorry if thats TMI), and the medicine is making him super exhausted so he's been sleeping the whole weekend.  I'm grateful that since I'm home on disability, I will be with him until at least the end of the month when I'm scheduled to go back to work.  But seeing him like this is breaking my heart.  I know he is only doing this treatment for us (my mom, sister, and myself).  I just hope that the side effects don't last the next 24 weeks, I hope they go away within the first couple of weeks.
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR: Need Some Positive Knottie Vibes

• Options
    In Response to NWR: Need Some Positive Knottie Vibes:
    [QUOTE]So my dad started a new treatment on Friday and the side effects have already kicked in.  He has a fever and the chills, uncontrollable bowel movements (sorry if thats TMI), and the medicine is making him super exhausted so he's been sleeping the whole weekend.  I'm grateful that since I'm home on disability, I will be with him until at least the end of the month when I'm scheduled to go back to work.  But seeing him like this is breaking my heart.  I know he is only doing this treatment for us (my mom, sister, and myself).  I just hope that the side effects don't last the next 24 weeks, I hope they go away within the first couple of weeks.
    Posted by 50ShadesofMe[/QUOTE]

It's rough. I've been there with my mom. I hope he starts to feel better soon and that the side effects subside.  Mom started to feel better after about week 6.  Good luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He's not doing chemo.  It's actually a cocktail of drugs that has proven to kick Hepatitis C out of your liver.  They will know within the first month if its working.  They need the drugs to do two things:  1.  kick the hep C out and 2. stabalize his liver.  If it doesn't work he goes on the transplant list and he will have a good 3 years hopefully before his health begins to decline even more.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sending vibes your way!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to NWR: Need Some Positive Knottie Vibes:
    [QUOTE]So my dad started a new treatment on Friday and the side effects have already kicked in.  He has a fever and the chills, uncontrollable bowel movements (sorry if thats TMI), and the medicine is making him super exhausted so he's been sleeping the whole weekend.  I'm grateful that since I'm home on disability, I will be with him until at least the end of the month when I'm scheduled to go back to work.  But seeing him like this is breaking my heart.  I know he is only doing this treatment for us (my mom, sister, and myself).  I just hope that the side effects don't last the next 24 weeks, I hope they go away within the first couple of weeks.
    Posted by 50ShadesofMe[/QUOTE]

I'm sending vibes to your family.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    Sending throughts and prayers to your family! Hoping he feels better soon
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards