Chit Chat

When it rains, it pours

... or at least it rains pretty darn hard. And it's raining in St. Louis now. So appropriate!

Earlier today, I found out from my day of coordinator that she can't be at my wedding because she's going to her friend's wedding that same day (which came up after she signed a contract with me). So her assistant is coordinating my wedding. I said that I wanted to meet her assistant first before moving forward, and she said she understood completely and we'll be meeting in June.

Then, just now, I find out from my venue that they forgot to reserve their pastry chef for me so I need to find another cakemaker. I asked them to reserve her, and they said no deposit was needed. And then they fully booked her. So now I need to pay the cake-cutting fee of $1.50 per cake. I'm so annoyed!

Can you guys post some amusing gifs or tell some funny jokes or something?

Re: When it rains, it pours

• I would refuse to pay it as well.

I negotiate for a living. I would contact the owner and say,

I want this charge to be waived. I am anticipating 175 guests and have you at maximum capacity (I think I have those details right), I imagine that is a large wedding for you. You have made an error. You have inconvenienced me. Now you are proposing that you resolve this by charging me for a service you were already performing at no cost if you hadn't made this error.  That doesn't make sense, particularly when I am paying $X per person, plus alcohol and gratuity. 

Please update us on this. I'm mad for you right now. This is just bad service.

I agree with Liatrus too. Assistants DO NOT command the same contract price as the Coordinator. I would re-negotiate the contract.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

I just spoke to the venue and they agreed to drop the cake-cutting fee! Wahoo! And I'm meeting with a very fabulous cakemaker in a week and a half to taste her delicious cakes. She's my friend's cousins's friend (whew!) and has fantastic style.

Just wanted to share my small victory with y'all!
  • we lost a LOT of posts from the feed...
    Anniversary
  • sweet.

This post confused me cause I started to re-read it all thinking it was new and when I got to the part about the cake cutting fee I was like "that didn't happen JUST NOW" 

oy. I gotta get with the program

Is the coordinator reducing her fee too?
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards