Chit Chat
Options

Lame idea or not?

Re: Lame idea or not?

• Options
    Ok. I'm not stopping you. You know, I'm anonymous. If I call you something, even if it's "pretty princess," it shouldn't upset you. You should be mature enough to know that you're not anything an anonymous person has called you.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Lame idea or not?:
    [QUOTE]Ok. I'm not stopping you. You know, I'm anonymous. If I call you something, even if it's "pretty princess," it shouldn't upset you. You should be mature enough to know that you're not anything an anonymous person has called you.
    Posted by Blingerz[/QUOTE]

Oh don't you worry.  I am certainly not crying in the corner.  In fact you really are nothing to me.  But seeing as you broke the TOS and I am a moderator on another board I feel inclined to let the TK Gods know what is up.

• Options
    kmbryant2413kmbryant2413 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    [QUOTE]Ok. I'm not stopping you. You know, I'm anonymous. If I call you something, even if it's "pretty princess," it shouldn't upset you. You should be mature enough to know that you're not anything an anonymous person has called you.
    Posted by Blingerz[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you got way more worked up than anyone else did here, IMHO.

ETA: Linger and I have samebrain today.
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Options
    Not like I want to get in the middle of this cyclone, but I just wanted to point out that PP's actually DID respond to your postcard issue before this thread went all crazy.  Just throwing it out there.
  • Options
    It seems like you were expecting people to be all "OHEMGEE WHAT A CUTE IDEA I LOOOOOOVE IT YOU'RE SO SMART AND CREATIVE!!!!"

Because I don't know why else you'd post asking about an idea that you've already got set in your mind.

Sorry you didn't get what you were looking for.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Ok. Linger
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Lame idea or not?:[QUOTE]It seems like you were expecting people to be all "OHEMGEE WHAT A CUTE IDEA I LOOOOOOVE IT YOU'RE SO SMART AND CREATIVE!!!!"Because I don't know why else you'd post asking about an idea that you've already got set in your mind.Sorry you didn't get what you were looking for. Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE] I agree with this. What answer were you looking for?
  • Options
    I wanna see this one XP to the Etiquette board just to see how it unfolds over there.

I'm with everyone else; postcards while on HM, no bueno.

I'm not touching the "Honeyfund" with a 10 foot pole because everyone's already said what a bad, tacky and classless thing it is to do, regardless of your family or culture being "okay" with it.  As a guest, I'd be rather offended being asked to pay for a HM that you've already said you've paid for.

We're not doing a HM because, we're being "practical" and saving for one we can pay for on our own WITHOUT a "honeyfund", because we both think that's rude to panhandle money from guests, family and loved ones.
  • Options
    Okay, I know it's been covered, but HM registries are rude, and even if I was in favor of them, it honestly just sounds like a logistical nightmare to try and keep track of who paid for what and writing out a stack of postcards everyday of the HM. Ain't nobody got time for that! That being said, IF I for some reason I got a head injury and forgot how rude HM registries are and decided to give to one, I actually would think it was cute if I got a TY postcard from wherever I put money towards.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    Your idea sucks, OP.  There's your answer.

Oh, and way to go violating the TOS.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    PosP Pos  
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I knew I should have read the entire thread before I responded. I still would have said HM funds are rude, but a postcard would be cute if you felt like doing all the work on your HM...but at least I would have known the OP had insulted a bunch of people and threw a tantrum first. I feel dirty.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    [QUOTE]I knew I should have read the entire thread before I responded. I still would have said HM funds are rude, but a postcard would be cute if you felt like doing all the work on your HM...but at least I would have known the OP had insulted a bunch of people and threw a tantrum first. I feel dirty.
    Posted by RamonaFlowers[/QUOTE]

Haha, it's not just for clothes.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    I'm not even going to touch the Honeyfund thing. OP if you bothered to read the stickys on top you would know what type of response you are going to get.

Also consider this an official warning as to calling Maggie names. This is against the TOS and will not be tolerated.  Also you may consider letting this fade off into the sunset and stop throwing insults because you're thisclose to being banned.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    KnotJackieKnotJackie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Lame idea or not?:
    [QUOTE]I'm not even going to touch the Honeyfund thing. OP if you bothered to read the stickys on top you would know what type of response you are going to get. Also consider this an official warning as to calling Maggie names. This is against the TOS and will not be tolerated.  Also you may consider letting this fade off into the sunset and stop throwing insults because you're thisclose to being banned.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Touche Hoboken. OP, please review the TOS.

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/knot-community-rules.aspx
  • Options
    If I had given money toward a honeymoon as a gift, getting a postcard from your honeymoon would be a delightful thank you, IMO.
  • Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    holy crap. How did I miss this thread earlier? 

OP - Just in case you are still reading...

When someone comes here with a bad idea, and then asks how to execute something related to said bad idea, no one is going to ignore the fact that the idea is bad and just say "oh, you can do it THIS way".

Sorta like.. "hey, I'm going to go kill that guy...  you think I should use a knife or a sword?"
    you think anyone would say "oh, you should use a pitchfork. Better holes!"  NO!  they are gonna tell you not to kill the guy.

Your postcard idea isn't great as far as thank you cards... but, the issue isn't so much the postcards, is the honeyfund. You asked if something was lame...  your thank you postcards ... eh, sorta lame. Your honeyfund... a lotta lame.
  • Options
    SJM7538SJM7538 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    So I skimmed this thread. But why do brides do honeymoon funds? And then think its appropriate? It's basically like saying "hey please donate money so I can travel to another country and bang my new husband!" Sorry I'd rather use my money and buy you a mixer that maybe you'll bake me cookies with. Not fund your sex life.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lame idea or not? : Well it depends on the guy....
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]
    Thank you Linger.  This is something that finally made me laugh in the midst of the craziest Friday in a while.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lame idea or not? : Well it depends on the guy....
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

ok.. true. But, at a minimum, they may try to deter you from becoming someone's prison b!tch.
  • Options
    minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Blingerz said:
    Take your "I'm better than you because I'm following the wedding industry's idea of a perfect wedding and perfect courtesy" attitude, and answer the question at hand.
    @Blingerz, I give you mad props for this statement. I'm using Honeyfund as well.  One of the best resources for the etiquette of alternative gift registries is the Emily Post Institute: http://www.emilypost.com/weddings/wedding-registries-gifts-and-thank-yous/652-inside-weddings-registry-rules

Personally, I would rather have the full card. Even though I may not keep the thank you card, the thought of receiving something in the mail with a handwritten note shows sincerity. The best thank you card that I've received was something that could have been a postcard, but the bride mailed it in an envelope. The card was small (5 1/2" x 4"). On the front was a black and white photo of the couple and on the back was a handwritten thank you. It seems like something they made at home because the paper quality was simple cardstock and used no color, no folds. Very simple idea that I might borrow.

Best wishes in your wedding plans~

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Options
    minsu5 said:
    Blingerz said:
    Take your "I'm better than you because I'm following the wedding industry's idea of a perfect wedding and perfect courtesy" attitude, and answer the question at hand.
    @Blingerz, I give you mad props for this statement. I'm using Honeyfund as well.  One of the best resources for the etiquette of alternative gift registries is the Emily Post Institute: http://www.emilypost.com/weddings/wedding-registries-gifts-and-thank-yous/652-inside-weddings-registry-rules

Personally, I would rather have the full card. Even though I may not keep the thank you card, the thought of receiving something in the mail with a handwritten note shows sincerity. The best thank you card that I've received was something that could have been a postcard, but the bride mailed it in an envelope. The card was small (5 1/2" x 4"). On the front was a black and white photo of the couple and on the back was a handwritten thank you. It seems like something they made at home because the paper quality was simple cardstock and used no color, no folds. Very simple idea that I might borrow.

Gah.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Blingerz said:
    Golly gee gosh. You mean we don't get tickets in the mail to our neato museum? Whuuuuuuuuuuht? Dear lord baby Jesus what do we do now. Yeah, no sht our tickets don't come in the mail. The honeymoon has already been paid for, yo. So, again, I don't care what you think of honeyfund. Because, if you'd like, we could talk about the rudeness of a typical registry at Macy's, or pottery barn. It's rude to register with the intent that people but you gifts, period. It's rude to register for household items and then to broadcast via word of mouth, because in the grand scheme of things, it's rude to ask for gifts. So ladies, who feel its perfectly ok to drop 15k on one day in their lives rather than put it towards a useful endeavor like a house or a honeymoon. imagine that, I'm not asking you what you think of the honeyfund. I'm asking what you think of a postcard idea.
    So you're literally just asking people for money, since you already paid for your trip. If your family gives you $30, it's not even going towards that museum donation, it's just going in your pocket?
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    I am confused. Your honeymoon is already paid for? Then what is the point of the honeyfund?
  • Options
    minsu5 said:
    Blingerz said:

No, the Emily Post Institute is a crappy source of etiquette information.  Try again.

• Options
    I think this a dumb-ass, tacky-as-hell idea.

I also think that about your HM registry, not that you asked.

And lose the pissy attitude. You posted on a public forum; we get to comment on whatever we want.
    Blingerz said:

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    How did this get dragged back out? Its almost a month old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    How did this get dragged back out? Its almost a month old.
    I don't know but I missed it the first time and it has provided me with some delightful entertainment this evening!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha, this is why I love the sort feature. Sorting by most recent activity leads to hysterical old posts coming back to either haunt us or the OP.  Love it!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards