Getting in Shape

Need some bride motivation!!

Hello Ladies,

Im in need of some help! I am only 50 days from my wedding and I'm still not seeing the results I need to be happy in my wedding dress! I have seen some improvement in my mid section but I haven't dropped a size or seen great improvements. Im 5'7 about 155 pounds. All my life until about a year ago I was around 125 and very healthy. Im struggling with what to eat and what to exercise to see results.

I do about 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week and weight traning. I have trouble with cardio because I get so bored on the eliptical and treadmill. Anybody have any good workouts?

Also food? What should I / shouldnt I be eating? Should I eliminate pastas/ breads all together until after the wedding? Im dissapointed I havent seen many results seeing as I cut soda and alcohol out of my system over a month ago!

Any inspiration would be wonderful!!! Smile

Re: Need some bride motivation!!

• I would suggest tracking what you eat. A lot of us are on myfitnesspal. It is really eye opening and has really helped me. Weight loss is about 80% diet and 20% exercise, so definitely look at what you're eating. Try doing some group exercise classes or getting some DVDs to do at home. I find that keeps my attention a lot better than running on a treadmill.
  • thanks for the advice girls!!! I will download the app on my phone tonight.

We bought a house and just the stress of all that along with no time for the gym. I've never struggled to get back in shape in my life until now. I've worked so hard for 3 months and have only lost 8 pounds so far. 
  • Try running outside, I find it's much more work and much more satisfying than the treadmill.  When it gets hard, just picture yourself in your wedding dress!
    Drink a lot of water!  All day everyday.  It helps to keep you full and helps maintain all of your body functions like digestion and helps remove toxins from your body.  I attend bootcamp workouts and they say to drink .55 times your body weight in ounces of water.
    You can do it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Once you decide what you don't want to eat, try putting a picture of your wedding dress wherever that food might be lurking, so you'll remember why you're NOT eating it. I know that helps me stay on track. 
    "Anyone can wear a white gown, but only a bride can wear a veil". ~Randy Fenoli Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards