Favors

HELP! MINI LIQUOR BOTTLE FAVORS

bku08bku08 member
First Comment
Hey Brides!! The big day is coming up in June and I'm looking to purchase the favors now - we need about 160 mini Makers Mark bottles for everyone (Grooms favorite whiskey; adults only). Has anyone purchased mini liquor bottles online before? I've narrowed it down to two sites: beerliquors.com and spiritfavors.com. Both seem legit, but I can't find any reviews on the sites to give me some reassurance. Or do you think it's better to have a local liquor store order them for us? So far, local liquor stores seem to be more expensive. Any help is much appreciated!!

Re: HELP! MINI LIQUOR BOTTLE FAVORS

• Honestly, I would contact both of the online companies directly by phone. And actually speak to a live person. Especially if you can't find any reviews. Otherwise, maybe contact a local liquor store in your area and see if they would give a deal.

Good luck
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    This seems complicated. Especially if you're simply trying to save a few bucks by trying to buy online. IMHO, either buy them from a liquor store or nothing.

Can't you just have a signature drink made with Makers Mark at your reception?

I highly doubt 160 adult guests all drink whiskey, anyways.
  • Personally I wouldn't drink that but dh loves makers mark.  He would take my favor.  :)  As he's sitting next to me he told me to tell you this is a fabulous idea.  
  • bku08bku08 member
    First Comment
    Thanks so much for all your responses! Looks like I'll be checking out the liquor stores. With shipping it was going to be an extra $100 anyway! Geez! I'm sure not everyone likes whiskey, but future hubby doesn't mind taking home some extras since it's his fav.. ;) haha. And the bottles are too cute. Thanks again for all your help!!
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to Re: HELP! MINI LIQUOR BOTTLE FAVORS:
    [QUOTE]Personally I wouldn't drink that but dh loves makers mark.  He would take my favor.  :)  As he's sitting next to me he told me to tell you this is a fabulous idea.  
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag[/QUOTE]

lol, I'm sure FI would do the same thing if sitting next to me :) 
    It is a neat idea from a male involvement perspective; a nice way to have the groom involved and male guests actually getting excited about a favor at a wedding (not sure this happens often).
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to Re: HELP! MINI LIQUOR BOTTLE FAVORS:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much for all your responses! Looks like I'll be checking out the liquor stores. With shipping it was going to be an extra $100 anyway! Geez! I'm sure not everyone likes whiskey, but future hubby doesn't mind taking home some extras since it's his fav.. ;) haha. And the bottles are too cute. Thanks again for all your help!!
    Posted by bku08[/QUOTE]

Okay, but favors are supposed to be for the guests, not for your FI.

I honestly don't know anyone who drinks whiskey/bourbon regularly enough to be thrilled with a mini bottle of Makers. And I live in one of the biggest drinking states in the nation.
  • Be sure that your venue will allow you to give them out.  They may consider it outside alcohol, which is prohibited at a lot of venues. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards