Flowers

Mothers & Grandmothers Flowers?

What kinds of flowers do mothers and grandmothers have? Corsage? Small bouquets? Thanks!

Re: Mothers & Grandmothers Flowers?

• I would ask them what their preference is. 

For our grandmothers we gave each of them a single rose to carry while the Mom's each got a small nosegay.

• Right, ask them. I'm wearing it on my clutch purse. The sister will have a wristlet. All other VIP women are wearing a corsage.
  • Okay, I can ask both mothers, and each of the four grandmothers. What about sisters? Because I don't know her as well, his sister isn't a bridesmaid and I want to instead ask her to do a speech during the reception. But my sister is acting as the officiant and doing the online thing to be able to do the ceremony. Should both of them get flowers like a corsage, or is it the same where I should ask the two of them what they think. 

Also, if I ask them (mothers, grandmothers and sisters) and one of the grandmothers or mothers chooses not to have a corsage or flowers -- would it be weird if I let the ladies who want to carry flowers carry them and leave anyone who decides against the flowers go empty-handed?

Thanks!
  • I think for your reader and officiant they should get a corsage, whether that be a pin on or a wrist I would leave that up to them.

Give the option to the Mother's and Grandmother's.  If they do not want any flowers at all then that is fine.  Let those that do want flowers have the flowers.  But I think if you give them the option of what type of flowers they want as opposed to just pushing a pin on corsage at them they will be more apt to want flowers then not.

Finally, don't stress too much about this.  Because in the end this is a very tiny detail in the overall scheme of things.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards