Registry and Gift Forum
Options

do people actually use the registry?

Just wondering if people actually ur the registry? My bridal shower is tomorrow anns only two things have been purchased. Starting to feel like it was a giant waste of time to register...

Re: do people actually use the registry?

• Options
    It depends on your crowd, if people knew you were registered etc. Lots of people don't shop until the day of, some people don't know how to mark things purchased off registries etc.
  • Options
    A lot of people will shop the registry last minute; as in day of the shower. I know my shower guests did anyway.
  • Options
    eevry gift I received so far was off our registry-- and as PPs suggested, many will do last minute shopping, or sometimes you will gift cards to those stores instead. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I buy exclusively off the registry.
  • Options
    I always shop off the registry. Sometimes people wait until the last minute, others buy items from your registry at a different store. 

• Options
    Most of our gifts were from our registry.  Not everyone uses them though.  I don't think my mom has ever bought from a registry, except for one time when she sent me to Target to get something for my cousin's baby shower.  Even then, I have a feeling she would have walked out with something not on the registry if she had gone to Target herself.
  • Options
    I think they do.  But a lot of times, you get get thinkgs for better prices at other stores so it just doesn't get marked off your registry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards