January 2014 Weddings

Outdoor photo question

Hello everyone!  This stemmed from a discussion I was having on the Bridal Party board, and I thought I would ask you guys, since you are also winter brides.

I'm planning on doing some of my photography outdoors, but it will probably be cold.  Are any of you (who live in colder climates) doing outdoor photographs as well, or are you keeping everything indoors? 

Re: Outdoor photo question

• Well since my wedding will be in Georgia, I am hoping it won't be too cold and we can do some outdoor pictures, but I don't want people looking miserable in my pictures. So if it is too cold, I think we will just keep it mostly to indoor pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Are you going to a specific place that caters to indoor wedding photos, or will your indoor photos be inside the ceremony/venue space? 

• I have already told my bridal party to expect outdoor photos.  I have picked out dresses with sleeves so that they will (hopefully) be more comfortable.
  • I will just do photos in the venue for my ceremony/recpetion. I'm sure we will get some outdoors, but with my dress and my bridesmaids dresses being sleeveless, I don't expect us to be outside long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    I haven't picked my BM dresses yet, but I'm hoping to do something with sleeves that will let the cold not affect them as much.  But even with that it might end up too cold, so I'm beginning to think of limiting how many outdoors shots I have.  But I still want to have at least some.  My venue doesn't really have a good place for group photos (and I am also doing ceremony/reception at the same place).  I think I might have to start looking for an indoor place aside from my venue that does photos. 

cmm012, are you planning on all of your shots being outdoors?  Or some in, some out? 

• KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The outdoor photo area at my reception location is FEET from the doors.  Unless it is a blizzard or truly sub-freezing temps, I'm sure we can rush outside and do some quick photos.

With my luck there will be a foot of snow even though I haven't seen an inch of snow in Southern NJ in the past 2 years LOL
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kerbohlkerbohl member
    In Response to Re: Outdoor photo question:
    [QUOTE]The outdoor photo area at my reception location is FEET from the doors.  Unless it is a blizzard or truly sub-freezing temps, I'm sure we can rush outside and do some quick photos. With my luck there will be a foot of snow even though I haven't seen an inch of snow in Southern NJ in the past 2 years LOL
    Posted by drexelkathy[/QUOTE]

Mine is within walking distance as well.  And yep, that's always the way - just when you absolutely don't want snow, that's when it will come!

• I know I'm late here but I'm planning on doing both in and outdoor photos. I can't pass up beautiful outdoor photos just because ill be cold. I'm doing to try and find something for my BM's to wrap them in to try and keep them warm but will try and do most of the bridal party shots indoors for their sake and keep the freezing to hubby & I! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards