Illinois
Options

My fiance Family(bridesmaids)

42 posts
Newbee
kenya.latham.1 (message) September 6, 2013

Hi knotties! I just needed help on this issue.

This Jan, I assigned one of my maids of honor to monitor the maids on dress buying because I could get no communication or responses from my fiance's side. He had 2 sisters and a cousin in the wedding as bridesmaids. That was fine but when i text or email any update or decision on the dress, They never would respond. I just thought that was rude because if you don't respond, How do i know you received my messages. So eventually one of his sisters dropped out. That was fine less stress for me. Now My maid of honor set a deadline to purchase the dress this past Jan so everyone can know how long they have before they have to purchase the dress. (of course no responses from his family. and yes we checked if we had the correct email address) The deadline was April 15 to buy your dress, because we want to be sure you will get it on time and have space for error. The dress i choose is being hand made and i have 5 girls, Also the maker has a business and have other customers. Not to mention it is wedding and Prom season. All the emails explained why we should order the dress on the assigned date.

Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today his cousin and sister still haven't ordered their dresses. His sis even ask him to have me call her(i don't know why she didn't call me directly, she has my number)So even though I didn't want to call i did. She ask what was the email to the lady for the dresses! Even after she had received atleaset 20! updates and reminders. Now I just graciously answered I'm not sure if you check your email, My maid of honor should already emailed it to you and if not email her and she can send it to you. I'm not being mean but I'm past this dress and working on other things. I changed the dress because his sisters complained about style and price. I'm tired of accommodating everyone else and their not appreciating it.

So my question is should i be a little upset? and am i wrong for telling her to contact who's in charge of the dresses?

Re: My fiance Family(bridesmaids)

• Options
    Honestly, I would just leave them alone about it at this point. They already have the info they need to purchase the dress, and it sounds like you just keep hounding them. If they don't purchase the dress or don't have it in time for the wedding then they have removed themselves from the wedding party. I know that if I received 20 updates on a simple dress I would just start ignoring them, especially if I already had the dress info. 

That being said for the girl that emailed you asking for the info, you should have just given it to her. 

As for the girls complaining about the price, did you privately ask each of them the budget for dresses? 
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My MOH didnt email the same thing about the dress, when the emails were sent its was just emails about the supplier and the additional items they may need. When the emails were sent they never and i mean never responded, so we couldnt possible know they even got them. Yes I asked everyone the budget personally and thats why the dress was changed, I also changed the dress because one of the girls who have still not purchase thier dress suggested "why dont you just let us all have different dresses", ofcourse i didnt want that but i chose a infinity dress to accomodate. They can make the dress anyway they want it. I Feel the same way, just leave them alone, I was just trying to give them a chance because my FI really want them in. Im buying flowers and gifts for my bridal party thats why i just need to get this done.
    thank you so much for your feedback

In Response to Re: My fiance Family(bridesmaids):
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I would just leave them alone about it at this point. They already have the info they need to purchase the dress, and it sounds like you just keep hounding them. If they don't purchase the dress or don't have it in time for the wedding then they have removed themselves from the wedding party. I know that if I received 20 updates on a simple dress I would just start ignoring them, especially if I already had the dress info.  That being said for the girl that emailed you asking for the info, you should have just given it to her.  As for the girls complaining about the price, did you privately ask each of them the budget for dresses? 
    Posted by Tlanute[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards