Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning!

Morning Ladies!
I've been MIA lately - we got slammed with a massive snow storm last Wednesday/Thursday so I stayed home from work both days then FI, FMIL, and I headed home Thursday night to Pgh for our food tasting! It went SO well! I'll write a seperate post about it! But thought I'd say good morning! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!! :)

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    morning!

This weekend went by too fast - I am starting to get very sick of grad school and being apart from FI.  I'm going to start working extra hard so that I can finish up shortly - but I already work 10+ hour days and feel a little burnt out.  Ugh.  In good news, FI sent me georgetown cupcakes - yum! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • Options
    jenice95jenice95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM!
    Looks like we have another storm on the horizon for tomorrow. I don't mind it so much, as long as I get snow days! FI and I went to a nice dinner this weekend and went to go see "No Strings Attached" but the theater was crazy busy. I bet everyone was just getting stir crazy from the storm or something and had to be out.

As far as wedding- I have my first real fitting today. My dress required on BIG cut since I'm short so my seamstress had to take it up from the empire waist (lots of beadwork near the bottom). I'm nervous to see it, but I trust it's in good hands.

GMC- can't wait to hear how the tasting went!
    MD- mmmm Georgetown cupcake! what a sweet FI! I'm sorry about the distance thing, hopefully that will all work out soon! Did you end up seeing "No Strings Attached"?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies!  We had a quiet weekend; I wrote out thank you notes for my bridal shower and will be mailing them out today, and we bought some gifts for the GMs.  I really need to figure out what to get my girls, but some of them are so hard to shop for!  Also trying to get all the final meetings scheduled with my vendors, and trying to figure out my bachelorette party plans.  Can't believe tomorrow is already February 1!

G:  Glad the tasting went well!
    MD:  I hear you on the being sick of school thing... but I still have 2.5 years left.  I just don't have any desire to go to class after working all day.
    Jenice:  I'm already planning on working from home tomorrow-- ice + snow are not a good combination, especially because I live at the top of a giant hill.  GL with your fitting!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    edited December 2011
    jenice - I did see No Strings Attached.  It was cheesy,but funny, so I enjoyed it.  you?

Ash - I really hope I don't have 2.5 years left. I think the worst part of the PhD is not knowing when you will graduate.  I am hoping that I will find out this summer if I can graduate 6months-1year from then, but we'll see.  It's hard to motivate yourself when you don't know the deadlines/end points.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!! I had a fun weekend. On Friday, I was in a super bad mood and my friend pretty much dragged me out for a drink. Well, that drink turned into 4 drinks, then those turned into car bombs, then car bombs turned into dancing! We drank too much, sang Strokin' on karoke, danced like crazy and had a blast! It was a lot of fun, and I'm so happy we went out.

Saturday, I recovered, ate McDonalds (my favorite hang over food) and slept all day. Yesterday, FI and I went to lunch, then to look at wedding rings, but didn't find anything.

GMC- Glad your tasting went well, I'm excited to hear about it!
    Jenice- Bring on the storm! I am hoping for a govt. 2 hour delay.
    MD- I hope you make it through your crazy days! Yay for Georgetown cupcakes!
    Ash- your wedding invites went out before your shower, right? Was that weird?

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MD;  That would be much harder, not knowing when you're going to be done.  At least I know (as long as all goes as planned) that I'll graduate in May 2013.  But then I have to worry about the bar exam, so that'll be fun.

JL:  No, I don't think it was weird.  At least not that I'm aware of!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    edited December 2011
    ugh, the bar exam.  It seems cruel to make people study law for 3 years, take all those tests, and STILL have another exam to take before you can use the degree.  I get it, but that blows.
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does suck.  I'm going to have to take like a month off work to study for it.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I'm just not thinking about it until I get closer.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM! Another fun but TOO fast weekend!
    We went to Nemacolin Woodlands for the weekend with 4 other couples. We went snow tubing and pretty much spent the weekend relaxing, which was nice!

g - missed ya around here. yay for the tasting this weekend! going to read your checks post next...

md - glad you had a great time with FI this weekend.. cupcakes sound amazing!

jenice - goodluck at the fitting! looking forward to hearing how it goes...

jl - ahh such a fun night you had on Friday! I was just telling a friend of mine that we need to schedule a girls night out WITH dancing sometime in Feb

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    md - YUM!!! Cupcakes...

jenice - GL on the fitting! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Ash - you're getting so close! Glad to hear you got your thank-you's squared away! That task is always not the most fun. What are your bach party plans going to be??

J - sounds like a fun night/weekend!!! Gotta love girlfriends :)

db - nemacolin sounds like a blast! Snow tubing is SO much fun!
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    G, my girls and I are just going to a spa for the day.  I'm getting a hot stone massage, mani/pedi, and a facial.  I cannot freaking wait.  We aren't going until right before the wedding because one of my BMs doesn't get into town until the Thursday before, so we wanted to wait for her.

FI gets to go to Seven Springs for a weekend for his B party, and I'm a little jealous.

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards