Florida-South Florida

Still Venue Hunting! Save me!

So, I checked out some places, and the only one that I liked is renaissance ballrooms which will give me a Saturday evening wedding in April, or May.  

I contacted, Fetes & Events (Best Miami Weddings) and I will be going to look at two venues this Saturday. The Vizcaya Loft, and the Club of Knights.

These two venues are within my budget for a Sunday evening in June. I wanted a Saturday evening, but I think people are very used to going to Sunday weddings now, so we will see. 

Its pretty much either one of the three venue I listed above, because I cannot find any other free standing venue that either has packages which provide all or most things (save for photography etc) 

I have a budget of $10,000 for ceremony and reception for 150 people. Going over a little bit is not a big deal, but I would rather keep it under. 

Does anyone on here know if theres anything else out there that may be in my budget? 

Im not a fan of the strip mall thing, as most arent. I also want an evening reception. 

If anyone can give me tips, or hints or SOMETHING that would be great. 

Otherwise... it looks like the I will have my venue check within the next month!

Re: Still Venue Hunting! Save me!

• d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Still Venue Hunting! Save me!:
    [QUOTE]One of my daughter's friends is having her wedding at the Coral Gables' Woman's Club on a Sunday. She is using Events by Alejandrina and I know she's coming in at around $10,000 for 150 people.  She's not in the Coral Ballroom though, she's in the Flamingo but it goes great with her rustic chic vibe.
    Posted by YA1 and my niece just got married 3/16,  I think the venue was The Vizcaya Loft. She used Fetes and Events als. Food was good, hors'douvres were excellent, bartenders were wonderful, Dj kept everyone on  the dance floor and I know their budget was tight. The groom just moved here from England so he does not have his work permits yet, the bride is a recent college graduate and her sister is getting married less than a year from now... Sorry about the two separate posts.. Hope that helps.
    [/QUOTE] 

I contacted Events by Alejandrina to find out more information thanks a lot for the rec! I was not able to visit the Vizcaya Loft yesterday as the woman had an emergency, but I did see the Club of Knights, and it is very beautiful. 

I need to speak with the woman again so I can get some rock bottom pricing. I will be going back down on Saturday to see both venues as theres one wedding in each venue this coming Saturday night so I can see the set up! 

• d2vad2va member
    In Response to Re: Still Venue Hunting! Save me!:
    [QUOTE]I am having my daughter's Bat Mitzvah at The Venue in November. Are you meeting with Jason?  He is wonderful!!  Tell him Karen,  Reagan's mom highly recommended him and The Venue! They can really do anything; they have a lot of different spaces. We're just using The Epic Ballroom, because we want the night club type party.  Let me know if I can tell you anything else.  Good luck!
    Posted by Bat Mitzvah Mom[/QUOTE]
     I am meeting with Jason and Heather today at 6:30! :D

The only thing I am worried about about The Venue is that its such a blank slate, that I will need to spend extra money to make it nice. I will see today and I will speak with the both of them, and I will let him know that you rec. him!

Thanks! I hadnt seen anything on this board about The Venue so this eases me a bit since youre doing your daughters bat mitzvah there! 

My mom is so uber picky, so its nice to already know that a jewish momma already approved of the venue! Thanks to much, if I have any questions I will ask!! :)
  • d2vad2va member
    OMG Bat Miztvah Mom I just got home not too long ago and I absolutely LOVE The Venue! !!! I love it, I am in love! They fall right in my budget with everything!!! they are warm and nice and the venue itself is fabulous! I feel like I had "the moment" with this venue!! My mother wasnt feeling good so she didnt come with me of course its the one I absolutely love lol but I called her and told her all about it and we will be going together to see it again very soon! I have high hopes and I hope that not only does my mother love it but that the FI loves it too! Im so excited and I just cant hide it!!!
  • I am so happy for you! I felt the exact same way when I went there I found it on a after looking at country clubs, temple, hotels, you name it...even parks with banquet halls. I just want a big fun party atmosphere and I know I'll get that. I think the place is so cool and needs next to no decor. No one I know had done an affair there before but I just knew this was "it". My DH and my daughter loved it when I took them back to see it and 12 year old girls are very hard to impress :) I hope it all works out for you, too and your mom feels better soon and sees it and gets "that" feeling! Are you going to have your ceremony at the same site as your reception?
  • d2vad2va member
    Bat Mitzvah Mom I will be having ceremony there! I originally planned to have my friend officiate not only to have a very special ceremony that will be just for us but I will look in to prices of Rabbi Frank my friend used him and hes funny and he does interfaith weddings! I am jewish so you know my parents want the main stuff and my FI is Catholic.
  • I highly recommend Cantor Debbi Ballard if you are looking for an officiant who will do a beautiful interfaith ceremony.  mypersonalcantor.com ...definitely pin down your officiant if you have a specific date set.  Mazel tov!
  • I'm using Cantor Debbi Ballard! FI and I are both Jewish, but she does interfaith weddings all the time! I was very hesitant about spending money on an officiant, but she will work with you and she provides so much more than just showing up the day of your wedding and I know she will be worth every penny! I felt an instant connection with her just through Email and she is just a genuinely lovely person. She plays guitar, which I love, and she will make your wedding as religious or no religious as you want. I was clueless when I first started looking for an officiant in regards to pricing....but I have learned you get what you pay for. Good luck with your planning and I hope your venue works out or you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards