April 2013 Weddings

Honeymoon Recap

I just got this idea from a different post... write a recap of your honeymoon here! Include a picture or two! I want to hear about everyone's trips.

Mine: Well, in a way, our week in St. Lucia was our pre-honeymoon since we went a little before the wedding. But really, we had our mini-moon to Disney. We left the morning after the wedding. We had to get up early and pack still, and then I did all the driving and it was 7 hours. I was exhausted when we got to the hotel! We got upgraded though so that was fun.

The next morning we went to Disneyland. Since it was a Monday, and not during any holiday time, lines were pretty small. We got on every ride we wanted to go on, some twice. I bought Mini-mouse bride ears and wore them, DH had an Indiana Jones hat. We also wore the Just Married buttons, it started a lot of conversations and we got a lot of congratulations. We had dinner at Blue Bayou too, that was pretty cool.
Tuesday, we went to CA Adventure- our first time there. That place is awesome! We did all the rides multiple times, that's a park I definitely want to go back too. We wore our hats/buttons there too :p

Then, the next day, we drove back home! We took the next day off after that to recover from everything and do some cleaning/organizing.. and yup. Good times :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon Recap

• What a cute idea!

Looks like you had an awesome mini-moon, love the Minnie bride ears!!

We went to San Diego for our honeymoon.  The first day we were there the weather was chilly and gloomy so we were kind of bummed but by the second day the sun made its appearance and it was gorgeous from there on out!  Our hotel was located right on the beach and we had a beach front room with a balcony.  We drove to Long Beach so that I could meet some of his family Monday, went on a gorgeous hike through the Torrey Pines National Park and had dinner in the Gaslamp Quarter Tuesday, the San Diego zoo Wednesday, beach and pool lounged on Thursday and Coronado on Friday.  It was so nice to spend that much time to ourselves!

Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • We were another Disney couple. We drove to Florida and spent the week in Orlando. We lounged in hammocks Monday, went to Disney Tuesday, pool then Cirque du Soliel on Wednesday, then Cocoa Beach Thursday. We got home Friday to make it to my grand daughter's birthday party. It was so nice to relax!
    At Disney we met the characters and had them sign a shirt for my grand daughter. Merida from Brave and I had the exact same color hair. Hers looked better but it was a wig and I had been at Disney for 8 hours all ready. We a are already planning another trip for our anniversary.
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am jealous of you disney-mooners!! I have only been there once and I want to go back!!

Melicifant - were you the one who was having a problem with shoes arriving on time? Did you get them? I want to see a picture if you did!
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I wish we had an active Mod so we could make this post a sticky.

We left for Florida the day after our wedding, we were exhausted and I didn't even have time to shower before so I flew with my hair all done up lol. We landed in Tampa around 6pm and we didn't get to Sarasota until freaking 9pm. We rented a car through Advantage and I will never ever use them again, the guy was a huge prick. The line was so long, there were only 2 people working, and it took an hour just to get to speak with someone. When it was finally my turn of course I get the a$$hole guy. I told him right away I wanted an American car, he said that shouldn't be a problem, there were plenty. But when I didn't want to upgrade he started to get rude. He said I should get insurance in case something bad happens, I said no thank you, nothing's going to happen. He says "nobody thinks that, that's why they are called accidents". Then he questions why I was driving and not my husband because girls shouldn't be driving. WTF. And when he went to get the keys he dug through the bin and gave me a KIA. I said no, I want an American car and he looks at me, shrugs and says "oh well".  I left a nice complaint about him.

We were hoping to go to dinner that night but it took so long at the car rental that everything was closed by the time we got into town. Monday was wonderful. We hung out at the beach all day.

Tuesday we went charter fishing. I was not looking forward to it because I get motion sick very easily, but it was so much fun. Just me, H and the captain. I caught the most fish but H caught a shark! He has the pictures on his phone so I can't post any right now. After fishing we went to the aquarium.

Wednesday we stayed by the pool for most of the day and watched the sunset on the beach. We came home Thursday afternoon. Our flight got delayed because of the bad storms. It sucked leaving beautiful weather to come back to flooded Michigan lol.

I am happy that we got to get away even if it was only for a few days.
  • In Response to Re: Honeymoon Recap:
    [QUOTE]I wish we had an active Mod so we could make this post a sticky. We left for Florida the day after our wedding, we were exhausted and I didn't even have time to shower before so I flew with my hair all done up lol. We landed in Tampa around 6pm and we didn't get to Sarasota until freaking 9pm. We rented a car through Advantage and I will never ever use them again, the guy was a huge prick. The line was so long, there were only 2 people working, and it took an hour just to get to speak with someone. When it was finally my turn of course I get the a$$hole guy. I told him right away I wanted an American car, he said that shouldn't be a problem, there were plenty. But when I didn't want to upgrade he started to get rude. He said I should get insurance in case something bad happens, I said no thank you, nothing's going to happen. He says "nobody thinks that, that's why they are called accidents". Then he questions why I was driving and not my husband because girls shouldn't be driving. WTF. And when he went to get the keys he dug through the bin and gave me a KIA. I said no, I want an American car and he looks at me, shrugs and says "oh well".  I left a nice complaint about him. We were hoping to go to dinner that night but it took so long at the car rental that everything was closed by the time we got into town. Monday was wonderful. We hung out at the beach all day. Tuesday we went charter fishing. I was not looking forward to it because I get motion sick very easily, but it was so much fun. Just me, H and the captain. I caught the most fish but H caught a shark! He has the pictures on his phone so I can't post any right now. After fishing we went to the aquarium. Wednesday we stayed by the pool for most of the day and watched the sunset on the beach. We came home Thursday afternoon. Our flight got delayed because of the bad storms. It sucked leaving beautiful weather to come back to flooded Michigan lol. I am happy that we got to get away even if it was only for a few days.
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]
    Oh yes.  We rented from Avis and she did the same thing.  When we said no to an upgrade she said to H "Isn't this your Honeymoon?  You really want to drive around in a Ford Focus on your honeymoon?"  After that she said "I wouldn't drive this on my honeymoon - I would need a convertible or a luxury vehicle!"  Good for you b!tch!  How does it feel to be so materialistic???  UGH.  The insuarnce thing too - we said "NO - we have our own insurance."  She then proceeded to tell us that since we opted out of their insurance they will just bill us in full for any damage.  OK THEN!!  UGH!  I wanted to punch her! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • I wasn't waiting on shoes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards