Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

MOH invited someone I don't like to bachelorette

So I love my matron of honor. She is my fiance's sister in law. For my bachelorette she asked me for a list of girls. I gave her a list of about 15 girls, she said it was too many that I should keep it just to the people I am really close to and I shouldn't feel obligated to invite anyone I'm not close to. So I took it to heart and only had 7 on the new list. Several months ago she brought up my list and asked about my fiance's cousin's wife. This woman was not on the list because several months before she had been very awful and rude to me at a family function, which my MOH was at and saw. I reminded her of this. My MOH in turn said that she feels bad bc that woman's husband was going to my fiancee's bachelor party. I explained that they grew up together and I barely knew his wife and was not comfortable around her so I would really prefer that she was not there. It came up one other time and I voiced my opinion yet again. I thought the issue was over, but my MOH just told me that she did invite her bc she wanted to avoid drama, even though I had told her not to invite this woman and to top it off, my MOH even asked a bridesmaid who also said that that woman shouldn't be invited. I think she invited this woman because she is close with her. But I feel like it is unfair to me. It is supposed to be my bachelorette party, now it is about not offending this other woman. I have let a lot of other things go to avoid bring a bridezilla, but this one hurt. I know know I won't be able to enjoy myself and "let my hair down" bc I am so uncomfortable around this person. She offered to uninvite the woman but that would really cause problems and I don't want to do that.

Re: MOH invited someone I don't like to bachelorette

• Options
    Just let it go and stop letting it bother you...or decline the party.

The bachelorette that she's planned for you is a gift. You gave input, she unfortunately didn't follow exactly what you wanted...but there's not really anything you can do about it except smile and have a good time. I doubt the girl is going to attend your party to be rude to you. If she is, then the 15 other girls can keep her in check.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options

I don't blame you for being upset.  But as you said, it would cause more problems to uninvite her, so now you're left with "grin and bear it".  Try to enjoy yourself anyway!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    There was someone I'm not crazy about at my bachelorette party, too. I was having so much fun that I barely noticed her.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I agree with PP's to let it go. But for the record I think it's shitty that your MOH invited this person after you expressly asked her not to on multiple occassions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't worry too much about it. She might not even come. If she does, just grin and bear it.
  • Options
    Ugh I'd be annoyed, too. Hopefully she'll decline.
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I would be pretty upset too especially because you had to cut people from your list. But like PP's said be the bigger person and enjoy your night! Hopefully she won't come!
  • Options
    That was a sucky thing for your MOH to do. I'm sorry. I hope this chick doesn't come, and if she does, try to have fun. I would say "ignore her" but that might come off as rude - just smile and remember that it's your bachelorette party and it's a time to celebrate.

The other option, if you absolutely refuse to be around this girl, is to decline the party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards