Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Tabs

So, another pointless post:

What tabs do you have open right now?

I have CNN, a sample resignation email letter, a software to track trucks/GPS, and TK.
my blog - for the love of ein
'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81

Re: Tabs

• Options
    In Response to Re: Tabs:
    [QUOTE]This one, CollegeHumor, Facebook, my department's website, and Quickbooks.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

So many websites are blocked for me, FB and CH included. Thank goodness Reddit is, otherwise I would have been fired by now for non productivity.
  • Options
    TK, Pinterest, Google, and a work tab that allows me to get remote access to our network

• Options
    TK, Pinterest, FB, email, super hero hype, libstats, and our OPAC
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tabs : Well, since part of my job is admining all THREE of our FB pages, they can't really block it.  And we insist on having our own server, which is the same private server that runs to all the dorms and labs, so if they block US from random websites like college humor, it will automatically block the dorms too. They do apparently monitor our use though, because any time I search "lingerie" "adult novelties" or "electronic cigarettes", I get an email wanting to know what the hell I am doing.  

Hahaha. I always have to sit and think for a minute before I do a risky click otherwise I might get an automatic email 'You are being watched by the companys IT department. Please keep internet usage to work only.' Pssh. Alright.
  • Options
    company intranet site, TK and my time card log in, oh and i have to us IE in another window to run Oracle EBS. sucks. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    work blocks so much.  I'm on here, nbc news and foodgawker

Anniversary

• Options
    Right now on firefox I have our company's Customer-Relationship management-CRM site (salesforce), our outgoing Marketing Automation site (eloqua) and our incoming Marketing automation site (marketo), AND TK.

In IE I have our company's sharepoint site and in Chrome I have another tab of marketo because for some reason you can only have one tab open per browser, not just browser window, and because I'm trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing I have to toggle back and forth between different parts of the website.

I try to keep only one non-work relatd tab open at a time, except for gmail because I'd have all sorts of crap open if I didn't have  the smidge of self control I do have.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Great question. I'm so glad to see I'm not the only tab-hoarder in the world!

I have Etiquette Hell open as well as four things I want to pin but can't because Pinterest seems to be partially down right now. And The Knot. So only six tabs.
  • Options
    My company is small and privately owned. There is no monitoring here whatsoever.

My current tabs: yahoo, yahoo images ugly criers, GE electrical, facebook, tk, fedex freight, grinder pumps (my company represents one of the top brands), and the grinder pump order page.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    [QUOTE]My company is small and privately owned. There is no monitoring here whatsoever. My current tabs: yahoo, yahoo images ugly criers, GE electrical, facebook, tk, fedex freight, grinder pumps (my company represents one of the top brands), and the grinder pump order page.
    Posted by Jessalyn2013[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaaha. That's the best. There are just so many to choose from, right?!
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tabs : Hahahahaaha. That's the best. There are just so many to choose from, right?!
    Posted by zoberg[/QUOTE]

Ha! Yes there were way too many to choose from!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tabs : I totally have to use IE for some of our internal work stuff.  They call me a rebel because I prefer Chrome and have Windows 8.  
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

I prefer to run Google Chrome most days. I HATE IE with a passion. ...like if it were a person, i might just curb stomp it...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm off today so youtube, facebook, pinterest and TK.  I'm a supply teacher so when I DO work I don't get any interwebs :( (other than occasionally checking FB  or email on my phone .. which I'm not supposed to do haha)

• Options
    So now I have open the Jodi Arias streaming trial too, since it's closing arguments and I'm about to pee my pants to see what the prosecutor comes up with for his argument. I've been watching/listening to this trial for MONTHS. UGH I'm so excited.,

Then I will go home. Because I feel like poop.
  • Options
    I surprisingly don't have as many tabs open as I usually do... but I have facebook, gmail, the knot etiquette board, and this thread open.

I'm lazy sometimes and don't like to press back on the browser so I just open new threads I want to read or comment on in another tab. On FFF I usually have about 5-10 threads open in different tabs lol (when people were posting links to threads that is, now it seems they aren't allowed?)
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    [QUOTE]I surprisingly don't have as many tabs open as I usually do... but I have facebook, gmail, the knot etiquette board, and this thread open. I'm lazy sometimes and don't like to press back on the browser so I just open new threads I want to read or comment on in another tab. On FFF I usually have about 5-10 threads open in different tabs lol (when people were posting links to threads that is, now it seems they aren't allowed?)
    Posted by swimmy1988[/QUOTE]

It is no longer cool to call people by name or link to threads directly on FFF. Only flaming ideas, and not people or particular threads. It's.. silly.

I too usually have 5-6 TK tabs open before I know it. Lol.
  • Options
    Etsy.  Yahoo mail.  This page. Facebook. Monster.com.
  • Options
    TK, Facebook, Wikipedia (I was looking up a Criminal minds episode and Yahoo.com

I have another laptop next to me that has 3 tabs open for various work related stuff.   They don't monitor us.  But I do not trust the boss' son to have personal stuff open because he can log into my computer remotely (not that he has in a while.) Since I work from home, it's easy just to have two computers next to each other.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Gmail, Westlaw, and TK
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Gmail, FB, Twitter (am I the only one?), Blogger, Pinterest, TK Work is wet lab work today, so no tabs open for that.
    Posted by alisonmarie658[/QUOTE]

Yes. :P
  • Options
    TK,  link from weddingbee to make fun of, facebook, school email and a local restaurant website that I'm considering for our rehearsal dinner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tabs : Well, since part of my job is admining all THREE of our FB pages, they can't really block it.  And we insist on having our own server, which is the same private server that runs to all the dorms and labs, so if they block US from random websites like college humor, it will automatically block the dorms too. They do apparently monitor our use though, because any time I search "lingerie" "adult novelties" or "electronic cigarettes", I get an email wanting to know what the hell I am doing.  

Lol...I run sex ed groups at work, so every once in awhile I get an email saying your manager is being notified about the content you are searching. I just send an email to my supervisor "Just doing some sex research again."
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Gmail, FB, Twitter (am I the only one?), Blogger, Pinterest, TK Work is wet lab work today, so no tabs open for that.
    Posted by alisonmarie658[/QUOTE]

I usually have twitter open, but didn't this morning. Hope that makes you feel better!
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    Pandora, TK, google news, gmail, and weather.gov
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards