Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Unique Romantic Readings

My fiance and I are not having a church wedding, but I would still like to incorporate my faith (Lutheran) into the ceremony. However, I do not want the standard "love is patient, love is kind". We are looking for something romantic and unique to be read. It doesn't have to be religious- but those suggestions are welcomed! Thank you so much for your help!!

Re: Unique Romantic Readings

• Perhaps after all romance did not come into ones life with pomp and blare like a gay knight riding down; perhaps it crept to one's side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betraying the rhythm and the music; perhaps.  Perhaps...Love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a gold-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath. -Anne of avonlea
    Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This list is from offbeatbride.com and has a lot of ideas.
    http://offbeatbride.com/tag/readings
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only way to ensure the reading is unique is to write it yourselves.  Go for it!
  • we are already writing our own vows- i'm stressed enough about that. ha. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards