Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

~*Candice*~

Oh!  I just read that you got a bunch of stuff for Ukranian eggs! What all did you get? Are you starting now? I usually don't start doing that until around Easter

Re: ~*Candice*~

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I spent almost $100!  I got a new electric kistka.  The one I had was plastic and it was too hot on my hand.  It was also only the extra fine tip.  I splurged and got the cork handled one with interchangeable tips.  I'm so excited!  I also got a few dyes I didn't have, some egg stands for our mom's for Christmas, and a new egg blower which is AMAZING!  I used to use one where you had two holes in the egg, but this one only needs one hole, and it's so quick.  I did a dozen eggs in 20 minutes last night.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    An electirc Kistka!!  no way! That's so awesome! I didn't even know they made those! That's crazy! I still use an old wooden one and a candle!
    And an egg blower?! I wonder how this works? My family always breaks thier eggs when empying- so I'm the designated egg emptyer.  I only use one hole too- but I use a medical needle and it takes me about 30  minutes per egg! I can't believe you did 12 eggs in 20 minutes!  We def need to get together sometime and do this- I wanna check out all your crazy technology!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to do a blog post about it soon, I'll add some pictures of my new kistka.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011

I didn't even know you had a blog.  Can you post a link?

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **butting in**

I didn't know they made electric kistkas either!  I'm still using an old wooden one too, although I use two holes.  I would love to see this blog post as well!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a link to my blog in my profile.  (Beware it's boring and filled with self pity.)  I'll take some pictures tonight.

I can't believe you guys use wooden ones!  I'ver never even seen one IRL, the ones I have for candle use are plastic.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, I will check it out :)

Haha, my grandma is really the only other person I know who does the eggs, and so I just use whatever she uses to do them... aka super old school tools.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards