October 2013 Weddings

Show Me Your: Wedding Shoes!

(I totally just posted this in the NJ local board. I meant to post here instead, but then I realized that was totally fine cause different people frequent both, and honestly, pretty shoes are fun. Oops. So it's a repeat, but not. I'm just so out of it)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Show Me Your: Wedding Shoes!

• edited May 2013
    Gosh, why didn't you put an XP in front of the thread title? ;) Sheeeeesh.

photo E028D5A4-51CD-4DAE-A230-FD831C8E0795-7382-000002C9BBD0DB3A_zps6182d8d9.jpg

This is before I took the tape off. I think it's also before I was completely satisfied with the glue/glitter mix, so I think I ended up painting on another coat.

(Edited because the picture was HUGE before)
  • Very cool! I didn't know you were doing your own. I think we'd be friends in life - I do A LOT of crafts (I mean, A LOT)

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• In Response to Re: Show Me Your: Wedding Shoes!:
    [QUOTE]Very cool! I didn't know you were doing your own. I think we'd be friends in life - I do A LOT of crafts (I mean, A LOT)
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this statement. I'm DIYing so many things for the wedding, it's ridiculous. 

I also sew. FH knits, yes, he knits. He's going to try and teach me how, but he even admitted, "I don't think you have the... patience.... for knitting. Crocheting might be better for you." (lol!) 
  • I knit and crochet a bit. I'm way better at knitting than crochet. However, I have taught FI to knit! He has made one scarf for his mom and a hat for his sister!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Show Me Your: Wedding Shoes!:
    [QUOTE]I knit and crochet a bit. I'm way better at knitting than crochet. However, I have taught FI to knit! He has made one scarf for his mom and a hat for his sister!
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahahahahahaha. It's only funny because I'm imagining him (with his epic sideburns) sitting with a ball of hot pink yarn, knitting a scarf. FH has made (or is still making? I'm not sure where he is with it now) us a big cable knit blanket for the couch.
  • I crochet and I love it! My 'thing' is to make blankets for wedding gifts and a little stuffed animal for baby showers. :-)
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• alison: super cute color!
    DMB: love the bling on yours :D
  • aimkinaimkin member
    First Anniversary First Comment

I don't have a picture of my exact shoes, but they are these dyed plum
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here are my shoes.

I just found a picture of them with a blinged out heel while I was searching for a picture of them. What do you guys think?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am trying to decide between these ones, which I already own:
    PLATSWOON

and these ones, which I also own:

and these ones, which I don't own but would be new for the wedding (and could be my blue!):

IDBATON
  • I like the blue ones Jaenella - but i'm partial to a peep toe ALWAYS!

Here are mine:

However, they are a little too short - I am not sold on keeping them. I am still on the lookout.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• These are my shoes. I love them! They are my pop of color and match the bridemaide dresses. They are the Disney Glass Slipper Collection. They were on sale too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• These are mine.  I originally wanted to dye them, but I have concern with the dye not being waterproof and ending up having streaks on the bottom of my dress if it rains.  So, I'm going to cover them in lace and beading.
  • These are mine.

Short heel since I have horrible feet. They will be dyed champagne (the same color as my dress).

• These are my shoes.  I am not too good at walking in heels and where we are getting married and taking picutes is very hilly and rocky.  If I wear heels, I will probably break my ankle!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
    [QUOTE]Gosh, why didn't you put an XP in front of the thread title? ;) Sheeeeesh. This is before I took the tape off. I think it's also before I was completely satisfied with the glue/glitter mix, so I think I ended up painting on another coat. (Edited because the picture was HUGE before)
    Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

What did you do to them?  They look AWESOME!!  I love all the sparkle!!

I'm 99.9% sure these are the ones I'll be wearing:

My FI asked I get low heels, and with it being a bit of a walk from the changing room to the ceremony, and it being outdoors on a semi-rough path, these seemed like a great option. 
  • I love all the shoe pictures! Yey!!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• a lot of people made a comment about a 'pop of color' - is this necessary or personal preference? I was planning on havign an all ivory/white pallette myself. That won't be boring will it?
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• shayla- I took a pair of shoes I already owned that are comfy, and in good shape (structurally, not aesthetically). Add some glitter/mod podge mix, and a little patience, and ta-da!
    hannah- I'd say it's personal preference. I don't think it would be boring to have ivory/white shoes. I did the blue because I could... and I couldn't find shoes that I liked. :)
    [QUOTE]shayla- I took a pair of shoes I already owned that are comfy, and in good shape (structurally, not aesthetically). Add some glitter/mod podge mix, and a little patience, and ta-da! hannah- I'd say it's personal preference. I don't think it would be boring to have ivory/white shoes. I did the blue because I could... and I couldn't find shoes that I liked. :)
    Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

I will have SOME color - my toes will be painted red. :-)

image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• shannie11shannie11 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Here are mine!  Ordered them this week!   image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • These are my shoes.  I posted them earlier but with the new setup they were deleted :( image
  • a lot of people made a comment about a 'pop of color' - is this necessary or personal preference? I was planning on havign an all ivory/white pallette myself. That won't be boring will it?
    I considered having mine dyed Tiffany blue for a bit, but then I realized I might not actually want a pop of color. I sorta want the shoes to blend, not stand out if a portion peeps out when I take a step.

So, I'm going for the overall ivory/white look myself. It's totally personal preference.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• For me you can't really see my shoes cause my dress comes down too long.  I have always wanted red shoes cause they are my thing, I have at least 3 pairs of them already and Wizard of Oz is one of my all time favorite movies.  I'm also kinda known for my pop of color shoes, I wear all black with crazy shoes all the time.
  • snippet17 said:
    Here is my shoes.  It is a very small heal, only about 1-2 inches.  I don't wear heals all the time like I used to.  Not sure if I am going to leave as is or dye them plum or blue.  

I suck at taking pictures!
    I have the same exact ones...im not dying them from the reviews they dont look as good
  • Just a warning on dying shoes, at least from personal experience.  If you go with dying a color color, like red, or blue, they will most like leave some color on your feet.  Unless the quality of dye has improved in the past 10 years, that was pretty typical if your feet sweat or get wet by accident.
  • I think I like the idea of dyeing shoes in a bubble, but in reality, it doesn't seem as if it would go as well as planned.

When I think of dyed shoes, I think of bridesmaids from the 1980s. Now, I was considering having mine dyed as well, so it's not something I would be opposed to doing, but it doesn't necessarily have the best connotation.

I think if you want a pop of color, try to find a shoe in that color?  After finding my shoe and liking how they looked in white/ivory (I honestly don't know which it is?) I decided that they were fine they way they were. I have seen shoes dyed very well, but I've also seen them look sloppy. This may also be a bit far fetched, but is there any chance the dye can rub off onto the bottom of your dress? I think I just decided it was one less thing to think about! (But I have seen some really cool photos with shoes in a bright color!)

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards