Moms and Maids
Options

The knot - question about the site

I very new to the site and have a question. I am wondering if there is somewhere on here that I can put in my bridemaids/groomsmen in a list. I want to have it so that I can assign them task and keep track as things are done. I have found a link to the "wedding party" but it only takes me to some information on things.
Please help! I have some time before the little things have to be all together but I want to start out with things organized :)

Thanks!

Re: The knot - question about the site

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    In Response to The knot - question about the site:
    [QUOTE]I very new to the site and have a question. I am wondering if there is somewhere on here that I can put in my bridemaids/groomsmen in a list. I want to have it so that I can assign them task and keep track as things are done. I have found a link to the "wedding party" but it only takes me to some information on things. Please help! I have some time before the little things have to be all together but I want to start out with things organized :) Thanks!
    Posted by blossom447[/QUOTE]

Your wedding party is not free labor. If you have so many tasks to keep track of, hire a DOC.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to The knot - question about the site:
    [QUOTE]I very new to the site and have a question. I am wondering if there is somewhere on here that I can put in my bridemaids/groomsmen in a list. I want to have it so that I can assign them task and keep track as things are done. I have found a link to the "wedding party" but it only takes me to some information on things. Please help! I have some time before the little things have to be all together but I want to start out with things organized :) Thanks!

Um, why are you assigning tasks to your nearest and dearest and then even checking off completes tasks as if you're grading them? Unless the task is buy dress or show up at wedding, they have NO tasks.
  • Options
    What types of tasks are you assigning to your WP?
    imageimage
  • Options
    Please don't give your wedding party tasks to complete.  Their job is to be there next to you on your wedding day.  If you think you'll need help getting things done, ask your fiance, or hire a wedding planner.
  • Options
    Tasks?  Do tell!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    You are keeping a checklist of tasks you're assigning to your bridal party? orly? pleasebemudpleasebemudpleasebemud
  • Options
    WOW - Guess I should have kept my question to myself - to be clear on what I'm looking for and my "task" comment - I'm planning an cross-country wedding... meaning that I have people in the wedding party, family and friends helping me from Maine to California to Florida - LITERALLY. I was looking for something that I could list those that I have in the wedding party (that have already agreed to participate) as well as any thing that those individuals were going to do. I do NOT normally ask anyone for anything, but I'm forced to rely on people for information and errands if I - AND my fiance- are a thousand miles away from where we would need to be. I understand that my wedding party is NOT free labor and they are their for my day - this is not the first wedding I have planned either for myself or for others - but it is the first that I have planned cross country and I am being forced to rely on people in other areas that I normally wouldn't. I don't know about everyone else, but my bridesmaids and I get along beautifully and are anxious to help - I'm not a "bridezilla" and am pretty easy going - they know this.

I did not read any "book or magazine" around this - just trying to do what I, personally, have to in order to make this work. And a WC isn't going to be calling my friends and family to ask them questions - to me, that is impersonal and inappropriate. (aside from the fact that it would blow my budget up to have them to everything) and the WC isn't going to be flying all over the place to look at things and report back - these are people that I TRUST and know who I am.

Guess I should have known better then to ask a simple question to those that don't understand my personal situation. Thank you to those that responded with further inquiry or friendly advice, but I'll figure the site out myself. For those that responded negatively, I would suggest finding out WHY this question was ask before jumping all other the person.

Good luck to everyone on your personal day.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: The knot - question about the site:
    [QUOTE]This website is notorious for glitches. Back everything up if you choose to use the organizing part of the site. Sorry I can't answer your question though. Good luck!
    Posted by 1covejack[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice... I don't really know how to use anything here yet but a backup will be in order  Laughing
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: The knot - question about the site:
    [QUOTE]WOW - Guess I should have kept my question to myself - to be clear on what I'm looking for and my "task" comment - I'm planning an cross-country wedding... meaning that I have people in the wedding party, family and friends helping me from Maine to California to Florida - LITERALLY. I was looking for something that I could list those that I have in the wedding party (that have already agreed to participate) as well as any thing that those individuals were going to do. I do NOT normally ask anyone for anything, but I'm forced to rely on people for information and errands if I - AND my fiance- are a thousand miles away from where we would need to be. I understand that my wedding party is NOT free labor and they are their for my day - this is not the first wedding I have planned either for myself or for others - but it is the first that I have planned cross country and I am being forced to rely on people in other areas that I normally wouldn't. I don't know about everyone else, but my bridesmaids and I get along beautifully and are anxious to help - I'm not a "bridezilla" and am pretty easy going - they know this. I did not read any "book or magazine" around this - just trying to do what I, personally, have to in order to make this work. And a WC isn't going to be calling my friends and family to ask them questions - to me, that is impersonal and inappropriate. (aside from the fact that it would blow my budget up to have them to everything) and the WC isn't going to be flying all over the place to look at things and report back - these are people that I TRUST and know who I am. Guess I should have known better then to ask a simple question to those that don't understand my personal situation. Thank you to those that responded with further inquiry or friendly advice, but I'll figure the site out myself. For those that responded negatively, I would suggest finding out WHY this question was ask before jumping all other the person. Good luck to everyone on your personal day.

This is what wedding planners/ day or coordinators are for.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You're choosing to have a wedding that isn't in your home town. That isn't your WPs fault or problem.

Google is amazing. So is the telephone.
    90% of what you need to do for your wedding can be done online/over the phone. For the rest, plan a weekend to go back home.

Try to find vendors that will take pictures of things. If they want your business enough, they will work with you.

ONLY assign a task to someone if they specifically say to you "I want to help. What can I do / where can I go."
    And for that, I fail to see how you can't use an excel spreadsheet....
  • Options
    WOW - Guess I should have kept my question to myself - to be clear on what I'm looking for and my "task" comment - I'm planning an cross-country wedding... meaning that I have people in the wedding party, family and friends helping me from Maine to California to Florida - LITERALLY. I was looking for something that I could list those that I have in the wedding party (that have already agreed to participate) as well as any thing that those individuals were going to do. I do NOT normally ask anyone for anything, but I'm forced to rely on people for information and errands if I - AND my fiance- are a thousand miles away from where we would need to be. I understand that my wedding party is NOT free labor and they are their for my day - this is not the first wedding I have planned either for myself or for others - but it is the first that I have planned cross country and I am being forced to rely on people in other areas that I normally wouldn't. I don't know about everyone else, but my bridesmaids and I get along beautifully and are anxious to help - I'm not a "bridezilla" and am pretty easy going - they know this.

I did not read any "book or magazine" around this - just trying to do what I, personally, have to in order to make this work. And a WC isn't going to be calling my friends and family to ask them questions - to me, that is impersonal and inappropriate. (aside from the fact that it would blow my budget up to have them to everything) and the WC isn't going to be flying all over the place to look at things and report back - these are people that I TRUST and know who I am.

Guess I should have known better then to ask a simple question to those that don't understand my personal situation. Thank you to those that responded with further inquiry or friendly advice, but I'll figure the site out myself. For those that responded negatively, I would suggest finding out WHY this question was ask before jumping all other the person.

Good luck to everyone on your personal day.
    How on earth can we understand your personal situation? We don't know you and we can only go on what you write and the information you provide. You are not the first person to plan a wedding cross-country and many have done it without using their friends as slave labour.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    There's no reason to get so defensive, OP. If you wanted people to know WHY you were assigning tasks to your WP, perhaps you should have explained it in your post. We only have what you tell us, you know. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards