Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

I called the restaurant that I wanted to use for the RD, but they said the earliest I could have it on a Friday is 8:00, because it is a small restaurant. This place is the most convenient and one of the nicest in the area (wedding is in the Mon Valley, not a ton of options) Other options include everyone driving the next town over.

Do you think this is too late?

Has anyone else just had a catered RD? That is what I am leaning toward because there just aren't many other options!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What time is the rehearsal? I do not think 8:00 is too late, but do you have alot of older people that will be attending that normally do not stay up really late?

I have been to a few that where held around that time. Usually the rehearsal takes long than planned anyways. You could just make sure everything is ready at the restaurant so that when you get there you can eat quickly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rehearsals definitely can go longer than planned. Ours was at 6:30, but people were late (including myself, oops!), so it ran later and we didn't get to the restaurant and start eating until after 8. The restaurant was very flexible though, so no biggie. I didn't go to bed until midnight, but got plenty of sleep. I'd only worry if the wedding is early the next day, i.e. you're having a morning wedding.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok I think the only people who may have an issue is my grandparents, because they eat dinner at like 3:00 haha. Thanks for the input and I think I might end up going with them then!

Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what time is your rehearsal?
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    I haven't set a time just yet, I am imagining around 6:00. I wanted to call around to the restaurants first. It sounds like the rehearsal might take about an hour and a half to two hours I am gathering?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I figured our rehearsal would only take about an hour, but ours ended up taking like an hour and half, as we were running late like I mentioned. I forget, are you having a Catholic ceremony? Not sure if those run longer... we got married in a non-denominational church, so everything was pretty lax.

How far is the ceremony site from the restaurant? Does your family tend to run late? If you say rehearsal starts at 6, people may not show up until 6:15 (who knows, I don't know your family and friends obviously, but just a thought).

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Its in a Catholic church, but we are not having the entire mass... just the ceremony! Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards