Hawaii
Options

Catering prices - What is an acceptable price?

I am about to get the quote from my caterer and when I told people, how much it is gonna be (45$-50$, and I don't know yet whether there is any drinks included), they were a little suprised and found it too much. What do you think? How much is a caterer on Oahu? Is that reasonable or way over priced?

Thanks for your quotes...

Re: Catering prices - What is an acceptable price?

• Options
    Who's the caterer? Its hawaii everything's goingbto be outrageous.
  • Options
    Arlene6876Arlene6876 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, it's actually reasonable compared to if you were having your wedding at a hotel. All caterers I found were $60+ and I was actually considering having my wedding at Lanikuhonua, but then thinking about the rental costs was completely outrageous and overwhelming.  Many hotels charge $75 (this is at the low end), not including the mimimum that you need fulfill. 

Good Luck! Browse around and always state you're on a budget, along with what's included as far as rental equipment, labor and so forth...
  • Options
    Thanks for the responds! Well, the good thing is that I won't need tent, chairs and tables nor dance floor, but with the site fee, the apartment, photographer and drinks we are already hitting our budget. I will be cutting some flowers in the forest! Hahaha... :)
  • Options
    Arlene6876, where do you have your wedding?
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Catering prices What is an acceptable price?:
    [QUOTE]Who's the caterer? Its hawaii everything's goingbto be outrageous.
    Posted by ridedatbike[/QUOTE]

The caterer is Baik Catering. It is a small caterer and the owner is really nice. We actually have exclusive catering with her on the venue. And I do like her ideas, I am just sitting here waiting for the real quote as I still don't know what's all gonna be in the 45-50$ pp. We could probably still afford the tax. But that's pretty much it... 

• Options
    In Response to Re: Catering prices - What is an acceptable price?:
    [QUOTE]Arlene6876, where do you have your wedding?
    Posted by coxinha[/QUOTE]

We're having our wedding at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. I believe it's $59/ head but this is buffet style and include pupus. However I believe their prices just increased and don't include pupus, new management from what I've heard from the catering manager. Check out the wedding cafe.. They usually have reliable vendors http://theweddingcafe.net/directory/caterers Good Luck!
  • Options
    OMG you must be local! can i just tell you how refreshing that is?
  • Options
    our catering and rentals came out to about $175 a person when you divided out all costs (tents, tables, chairs, linens, food, server, bartenders, ice, garbage removal  etc.)
  • Options
    Mine is coming to $110/person - plated dinner and 4 course meal. We saw over 10 caterers and that was the cheapest of plated meals and the yummiest! There were some that went over $200 - crazy!
  • Options
    You can try Tanioka's, my friend is having her wedding catered by them.
    She said it was pretty reasonable, depending what you have on the menu.

• Options
    They are really reasonable!
  • Options
    we looked at Tanioka's but they just wanted to be there for dinner and we needed staff to help breakdown, garbage removal, etc
  • Options
    Destiny1108, I so like d how you gave me this 175$! I've been calculating it and you are right, this is more or less it... Thanks! This number sticks in my head, especially when my fiancee is inviting everybody we meet on the street and somehow know... Hahaha....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards