Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording for reception info

We are having a small wedding at the courthouse with the "reception" (informal dinner) at a popular local brewpub. We are planning on paying for our guests' dinner, but guests will be responsible for paying for their own drinks. How do I word this on our invitation?

Re: Wording for reception info

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to Wording for reception info:
    [QUOTE]We are having a small wedding at the courthouse with the "reception" (informal dinner) at a popular local brewpub. We are planning on paying for our guests' dinner, but guests will be responsible for paying for their own drinks. How do I word this on our invitation?
    Posted by DarkDay[/QUOTE]

You don't. It's rude to mention what will or will not be served on the invitation.

I think you need to cut your guest list so you can afford drinks, budget for drinks, or pick a new venue.

I'm assuming you'll be seated with your guests at a table in the restaurant versus a private party room and the guests will be ordering off the menu from a waiter?

I would be totally miffed as a guest to get a bill for my Diet Coke and DHs beer at the end of my meal.
  • I agree with PP.  Don't mention what's included on the invitation.

Would it be possible to work it out with the brewpub to just serve beer, wine, and soda along with the meals this way the guests aren't paying for their drinks?  I feel like if you can't host your guests properly then you should pick a different place where you can host them properly.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You wouldn't invite people to your home for dinner and charge them for their drinks, would you?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Sorry, but a cash bar is still rude in this situation.  Work with the restaurant to provide a limited menu of food and drinks to keep it to what you can afford, choose a different restaurant that will fit the budget, or pick a different place where you can just not have drinks.  

You cannot ask guests to pay their own way at your reception.  That's not ok.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards