Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Enough time for pictures?

So my photographer is suggesting we do fun wedding party pictures before the ceremony to make the most of our time. Ceremony doesn't start til 6, and it's at the same location as the venue. I have no problem with seeing my fiance before. BUT my mom is worried my dress will get super dirty. I however am worried about the timing of the rest of the evening since we start so late... We can only do pictures from 5-6 at the venue because it's a botanical garden, and open to the public until 5. I would like to do a receiving line during cocktail hour instead of pictures. Thoughts? Is 5-6 enough time to do ALL the wedding party pictures - first look, formal and fun ones? Are fun pictures before the ceremony going to make me a hot mess?

Re: Enough time for pictures?

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    We spent about 1.5 hours before the ceremony on first look, bridal party photos, immediate family photos and then some more photos of just DH and I.  I carried my train wherever I walked and it did not get dirty.  I was not a hot mess either.....I wasn't running around nor was it hot outside though

You would do your receiving line as the guests leave the ceremony and enter into the cocktail hour, right?  If so, that shouldn't take too long.  Your guests want to get to the cocktail hour!  :D  After the receiving line, you would then be able to enjoy the cocktail hour with your guests after or take a few more photos.  We opted to enjoy the cocktail hour and took some extended family photos right after dinner at the reception....it didn't take long at all, we just had our siblings round up the relatives we needed.  It worked out perfectly.
  • Options

Speak with your photographer about your concerns. They should be able to come up with 'fun' shot ideas that wont get your dress filthy :)

• Options

An our is plenty as long as you aren't getting crazy with the number of shots/poses.  However, it sounds like you plan on taking those photos at your ceremony venue. Keep in mind, guests will start arriving 20-40 minutes before the ceremony.  If it's at the same venue, your guests will see you taking photos.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards