October 2013 Weddings
Options

Unpop Ops- posting for McSteph

TK mobile isn't sharing things with the regular site, so here is McSteph's post.

09McSteph03

|

Total posts: 366

| today

I've had enough of this week and I'm feeling like living on the edge. Lets go: 1. I'm tired of 4 year olds being on national tv singin along to songs with adult themes. Their voices are high pitched and they don't pronounce words correctly. I fail to see "cute". Instead I see annoying and I assume there is a parent close by who has a desperation to be famous and needs a handout. Unpopular opinionpeople love kids and think even their messy diapers are cute. 2. I handed out "goodie bags" last night which were FREE to everyone. The entire event was FREE and open to the public. Why was there so many people complaining about the contents of the free bag? Do you people complain about free stuff? Unpopular opinion if its free you are entitled way cool stuff. 3. I hate when people ask my opinion. I know too many people that interrupt me before I am finished to tell me I am wrong or why my suggestion won't work. Let me finish, then go away if you don't like my answer. What would make me the happiest is if you didn't ask. Unpopular opinionother people love being asked about their thoughts. Anyone want to shake me outta my bad mood?

Re: Unpop Ops- posting for McSteph

• Options

I totally agree with you McSteph on the free stuff. You didn't pay, don't complain!

The kids thing, I tried to ingore those things when I see them.

Unpop opinion- When people cannot use proper grammer, words, spelling. I understand this is an internet forum, but would you send an e-mail to a client, customer, etc that way? Probably not.

Second- I hate hate hate Uggs. I think they are even worse when girls wear them with skirts. Also, how do they keep your feet warm/dry in the winter? If itis zero outside, those are not going to be warm. Also, don't they make your feet hot in the summer?

• Options

Second- I hate hate hate Uggs. I think they are even worse when girls wear them with skirts. Also, how do they keep your feet warm/dry in the winter? If itis zero outside, those are not going to be warm. Also, don't they make your feet hot in the summer?

I live in South FL and there should never be an ugg for sale. But some how, there are a thousand HOOSIERS who wear them with their skirts and shorts and mini dresses. I don't get it.

S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

I live in South FL and there should never be an ugg for sale. But some how, there are a thousand HOOSIERS who wear them with their skirts and shorts and mini dresses. I don't get it.
    Thank you for this.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Mine: I know no one means it when they use hoosier the way I normally see it around the boards.... but I get a little insulted touchy/sad all the same. I just have to remember that it means different things to different people so I don't take it personally. (I'm not suggesting you stop using it, ftr. Just popped into my head with a PP.)

edited for word choice.
  • Options
    @lplions- this was a topic of discussion on NEY in the past. One of the NJ girls was in TX for something (had a G2G with another knottie) and said a word that is completely frowned upon in TX. I cant really remember what it was. It was basically a different name for black people. Up here, you wouldn't think of it that way.

• Options
    @Stina61286 whoops on her part. It amazes me to no end that words mean different things in different parts of the country.
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    There are a bunch of different slang words used in a derogatory way to describe people of other races.  The difference is that the St. Louis use of the word "hoosier" does not call out a racial minority.  Plus, it's fun to say!  FI has a t-shirt that says "South City Hoosier" which is a reference to the neighborhood he grew up in.  If you googled "south city hoosier" you could read all about a stereotypical south city hoosier.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards