Rhode Island

Towers Question!

I'm looking for a little help. My wedding is in the beginning of November at the Towers and I was wondering if anyone could tell me
Did you block off rooms at a hotel? Which one(s)?
And do you even think that would be necessary considering it is off-season?
I've tried looking at some of the smaller inns and stuff and it looks like maybe they close for the season? Or they just weren't able to look that far ahead online? Anybody know?

Re: Towers Question!

• I'm getting married at Kinney Bungalow, which is near the Towers.  We blocked rooms at the Holiday Inn in South Kingstown.  When I called in February to set up the block for the last weekend in September, one hotel was already too full to accomodate us.  Blocking shouldn't cost you any money, so I think it's worth it if you're having a number of out of town guests.
  • I am getting married in September and reception is at the Towers. I have toured the village inn and conference center and to be honest after seeing it in person as opposed to reading on line reviews it is more than suffient for guests. We have about 90 out of town guests (ahh) so i also called som ebed and breakfasts that were nearby if that appealed to some. Some places may cost you money to block rooms but only because you may have to meet a minimum percent of your block to book or you have to cover the difference. I recently added a hotel in Newport to the choice list because some of our guests decided to make a weekend out of it.. it definitely never hurts to block rooms because you never know when a conference or convection will be in town and require the space. hope any of that helped. Good luck and Congrats!

• I'm getting married at the Towers in september as well. The village inn did not allow us to block rooms. I sent out a massive message and had all my friends/family call and book their rooms asap. (they did this several months ago) Every single guest of ours is OOT and I'd say 80% of our guests (we invited 180 total) are staying at the village Inn. Ive reccommended the B&B's in the area as well to couples that might want some QT alone time that weekend or want to make a weekend out of it. You have up until 1 week before your wedding date to cancel the room at the V-Inn without any penalty. Other area hotels would be the holiday inn in south kingston as mentioned above.

so exciting! 4 months left!
    Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is also the Hampton Inn at South County Commons, which is a few miles closer to the Towers than the Holiday Inn, just FYI. But there are plenty of choices. The people at the Grinnell Inn, Blueberry Cove Inn, and Shells by the Sea have all been great and accommodating for our August wedding. Best of luck!
  • Liz C16Liz C16 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    We asked our guests to book at the Village Inn, downside they don't allow block booking and their website doesn't work to book rooms(a number of guests called frantic saying the hotel was full for our dates...and when I would call they said they had plenty of rooms), if you go with them make sure you tell guests to call the hotel.

We also did a block booking w/ Holiday Inn in South Kingstown, 15 mins away but close to my FIL's home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards