Chit Chat
Options

Regrets...

Anyone have any list of regrets when it comes to their wedding after seeing photos/ideas etc from everyone else's?

I do. I regret that I didn't take enough photos with my husband on the wedding day. I see so many awesome shots of bride and groom and I am absolutely kicking myself that I didn't take more. I have a few posed shots standing next to him, nothing special.

I am tempted to try and do my hair and makeup, put on my dress and have a friend take some photos, but that's just crazy. Oh well.

My only other regret is spending the last hour of my reception cleaning up the hall. That was not fun.
Anniversary

Re: Regrets...

• Options
     Well we were to have a beach wedding.  A tropical storm came and it had to be moved into a tent.  We did not get great shots as a result.  It's not a regret because I can't change the weather, but it did make me sad I didn't get all the beach shots I had wanted.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I regret that I had to invite my MIL.. but that's not really anything new :).  H regrets that he didn't get to try the shrimp cocktail we had as an appetizer cause I was having a freak out about not having enough time for pictures during cocktail hour so I rushed him right into family pictures and then had a mini meltdown over random woman "hired?" by MIL to video the wedding.  Who was she, what was she doing there, why was she standing behind our professional photographer - who we hired, and paid, and knew - taking all the family shots.... etc.  So he was busy keeping me from losing it.
  • Options
    lynd- that's awful! That would upset me too.

Loopy- I didn't have much food either, I had no appetizers, barely anything from the actual meal and one sliver of cake. I wish I had more to eat there.

Kristan- I made sure there were plenty of girls around to do the bustle. They didn't know what they were doing I just said "match the numbers, tie it tight!"
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I regret I couldn't enjoy the day more (I got food poisoning the night before and was barely functional by the time the ceremony started at 2) especially not being able to have a piece of what I'm told was amazing cake...I was really looking forward to that.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Options
    Happy anniversary Stage.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    i regret not sampling all the food that was there.  but really, i was happy with the whole event, pics, music.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • Options
    I regret not eating.  We had a dessert reception that didn't last very long.  I didn't get any of my chocolate fountain and only had a few sips of coffee.

I am thankful for my bridesmaids though.  After our first look pictures, they spread out napkins on my dress and made me eat a sandwich.
  • Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I regret paying my mariachis their full fee. 

They were an 11 person, al female mariachi and they were supposed to play for 90 minutes to 2 hours during cocktail hour and dinner. They were contracted for 2 hours and I had to pay for 2 hours. When I was boking them, I asked if they ever split for events and only 4 or 5 of them would come, because I didn't think we needed an 11 person band.

We'll, they showed up 15 minutes late and there were only four of them and one of them was male. The four played for an hour and then the rest showed up. So the whole group only played for about 20 minutes. I was furious. But decided to have my DOC pay them anyway because I just wanted to move on. Clearly, I still haven't. ;)

ETA:  I wasn't mad that there was a penis in the band....  HOWEVER, they sell themselves as the ONLY all female band in the bay area, and they charge a hefty premium for that, because they are the only one.   We saw them perform at a festival, and they were amazing, which is why we were willing to pay more for them. AND, having an all female wedding party, female, queer wedding, female photographer, female DJ, female caterer, female, pretty much everything... we thought it would be super crazy cool to have an all female mariachi. 
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Regrets...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Regrets...: It's not really until next month, but since that's looking to be the earliest that we get warm weather, I phrased it that way. But thank you! On a side note, 60 and pouring rain on May 10th is NOT cool.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

My co-workers in NOLA are complaining about the weather also. You guys are getting pretty wet down there.

It's cool and rainy here also.   I do not mind the temp, as I'm not wishing 90 degree weather because it's hard on Chef.  But I could do without the rain.

• Options
    In Response to Re:Regrets...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Regrets... : Yeah, I woke up to flooding warnings this morning.  It's actually pretty funny because it doesn't take more than about an inch of rain to cause road flooding in certain areas around here, but to hear or read about it, you'd think the damn town was washing away.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

You must have got the pouring rain we had last night. It was our first big storm of the season so far. Sorry we sent it your way! It was a gigantic line of storms and rain. We needed it here, desperately, so I can't even complain about it. Lol. We had whole sidewalks and streets swallowed by it. Our towns drainage system is a joke.
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Options
    We've had some pretty heavy rains the last few days. Sun looks like it's out today. It would be nice if it stays!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I regret taking so many family pictures. We had a whole list, of every combination of people possible (our families aren't that big, but it was probably still 20+ combinations, plus 2-3 shots each). We missed the entire cocktail hour, and it was so freaking hot that H got sick. Really, you need a shot of both families for the two of you, one of each side of the family for your parents, and one with each grandparent. The end.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Regrets...:
    [QUOTE]I regret taking so many family pictures. We had a whole list, of every combination of people possible (our families aren't that big, but it was probably still 20+ combinations, plus 2-3 shots each). We missed the entire cocktail hour, and it was so freaking hot that H got sick. Really, you need a shot of both families for the two of you, one of each side of the family for your parents, and one with each grandparent. The end.
    Posted by krizzo17[/QUOTE]

Funny you say this. As I was looking through my photos I noticed that there were some shots missed. My BIL wasn't in any of the photos. We have such an extended family it was hard to keep track of what was taken. Both of my parents are remarried, my stepmother has a son, H mother is his stepmother, she has 3 kids that are all married, H has two half siblings as well. It was a mess!

Then when I was looking through the photos I saw a whole bunch of my dad, stepmother and stepbrother, and then a whole bunch of just my dad and stepmom, way to hijack the photogrpaher! Maybe I would have gotten the B & G shots if they hadn't done that.
    Anniversary
  • Options

I regret not getting to eat more of the food at our cocktail hour.  I only got a few bites of things and none of the stuff I really wanted. 

I won't call it a regret, but I was disappointed in my caterer, she said that there would be staff that would be designated to H and I so we could make sure we got all those things and it didn't happen.

And I regret there are no pictures of me & H with my mom.  We did all our pics before the ceremony; one of the GM was running late so we rushed through and it never happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards