Getting in Shape
Options

fractured foot

Hey Doug & all you ladies,

So, my wedding is on June 22nd, about 6 weeks away. I just found out I fractured a bone in my foot :( With the warm weather I just started tanning, jogging and walking outside, and still have so much left to do for my wedding. Any suggestions for exercises I can do without further damaging my foot? Any suggestions to make this heal really fast? I've never broken a bone before... so bummed :/

Re: fractured foot

• Options
    I don't know about making it heal fast, but overworking it will definitely slow down the process. So just chill and try to not put too much stress on it. 

Arm exercises might be possible, I guess... do you have a cast or a boot?

I hope you feel better :(
    "Anyone can wear a white gown, but only a bride can wear a veil". ~Randy Fenoli Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to fractured foot:
    [QUOTE]Hey Doug & all you ladies, So, my wedding is on June 22nd, about 6 weeks away. I just found out I fractured a bone in my foot :( With the warm weather I just started tanning, jogging and walking outside, and still have so much left to do for my wedding. Any suggestions for exercises I can do without further damaging my foot? Any suggestions to make this heal really fast? I've never broken a bone before... so bummed :/
    Posted by hhaas44[/QUOTE]

Deep water running is an option if you have a pool that has sections about 5-6 feet deep. You can order a belt that allows you to float and run the lanes. I did this when I broke my leg. Some people really love it most runner use this when they go down.

You can also swim, just dont use the fractured foot to kick off the wall.

Weight training the upper body is an option. Most pilates will be an option since a lot is done on the back.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards