Not Engaged Yet
Options

How was your weekend?

2»

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    @pee k  I 'm jealous of that trail.   The first 8 years I lived here in the city I was right of the Lake Michigan path, and now that I've moved to the other side of town I insanely miss it.

@buddysmom  I'm so sorry about your dog.  Hugs.  Losing a pet is so hard.  I hope her suffering ends soon and your family finds comfort in all the good time they had with her.

I played WAY too hard this weekend.   BFF was in town from PA and we decided instead of just reminiscing about our partying single Chi-town ways we would relive them.   We both still go out now that we're in long term relationships, but we apparently don't play near as hard as we used to. We had serious catching up to do!    My liver now would like to take an extended vacation from my body because I was so mean to it this weekend.

BFF and I crawled home after 3 both Friday and Saturday.   I don't even want to think about the calories that were consumed because there was an insane amount of wine, cheese, and late night pizza (GF buffalo chicken pizza to be exact, freakin' yum).  FI has always known BFF and I like to have fun, but even he was impressed by our debauchery.  He made sure I had Gatorade and ibuprofen to make yesterday manageable.

Super sad that BFF had to go back to PA, but at least I get to see her again in 2 months at my bachelorette party.  That gives me time to prepare the liver for the Vegas craziness that will ensue.

photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @buddysmom - I am so sorry that your dog is in that condition :( I hope your dad will recognize what's going on and will be able to make decisions with her comfort in mind. It is so hard to see these things change.

@minskat30 - It was very sad in places. What was actually shown wasn't graphic at all, but they definitely put the natural circle of life out there for all to understand - appropriate, since James Earl Jones was narrating :)
  • Options
    suzie211 said:
    @pee k  I 'm jealous of that trail.   The first 8 years I lived here in the city I was right of the Lake Michigan path, and now that I've moved to the other side of town I insanely miss it.

@buddysmom  I'm so sorry about your dog.  Hugs.  Losing a pet is so hard.  I hope her suffering ends soon and your family finds comfort in all the good time they had with her.

I played WAY too hard this weekend.   BFF was in town from PA and we decided instead of just reminiscing about our partying single Chi-town ways we would relive them.   We both still go out now that we're in long term relationships, but we apparently don't play near as hard as we used to. We had serious catching up to do!    My liver now would like to take an extended vacation from my body because I was so mean to it this weekend.

BFF and I crawled home after 3 both Friday and Saturday.   I don't even want to think about the calories that were consumed because there was an insane amount of wine, cheese, and late night pizza (GF buffalo chicken pizza to be exact, freakin' yum).  FI has always known BFF and I like to have fun, but even he was impressed by our debauchery.  He made sure I had Gatorade and ibuprofen to make yesterday manageable.

Super sad that BFF had to go back to PA, but at least I get to see her again in 2 months at my bachelorette party.  That gives me time to prepare the liver for the Vegas craziness that will ensue.

I need this pizza in my life.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    I'm becoming an impressive misanthrope, so the fact that I had to leave the house once over the weekend and then come to work today made the weekend and the week bad. BAD.

• Options
    It's a local Chicago place, but if you're ever out this way I'd be happy to eat it with you!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    Buddy, I'm so sorry to hear about your parents' dog.

This weekend we bought H a replacement wedding ring (if you missed last week's drama, it was stolen). We also saw a house that we want to make an offer on, though we will most likely be outbid in this insane market.
  • Options
    So annoyed I can't post on any of the updated boards from work.  I hope they fix it soon.  The theater I work with did a fundraiser that worked really well for us on Friday night.  

On Saturday we saw 2 wedding venues, one was not great at all, the other we probably won't make the venue minimum so we have to rule it out.  We bought a dining room table, yay.  Saw my niece's dance recital and then did dinner with my family.  More on the dance recital for another post.

Sunday we went to FI's parent's house for a bbq.  It was a lot of fun.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm late to the party as usual. Friday night i went out to dinner with friends and was surprised by one of my best friends who drove in from Alabama to see me. I almost cried. I needed to see her so bad. We then proceeded to drink. Saturday I did some retail therapy and then went over to.... Well I'm not sure what he is, but we shall call him, "R". I went to Rs house, had sexy times, curled up on the couch, watched jack reacher and the hobbit. I then went home, got a text I needed to go pick up my roommate from the bar- he was very very drunk. Sunday was grocery shopping, laundry and dinner with the grand units. All in all, an awesome weekend
  • Options
    suzie211 said:
    It's a local Chicago place, but if you're ever out this way I'd be happy to eat it with you!

Where, where where?  I need GF Chicago pizza and the few places I know that do it sorta suck.
  • Options
    Ranalli's in LP.  I'm in Bucktown and they deliver here and my old address in the GC.  We couldn't get the order off of Grubhub because it needed special instructions, so we called the restaurant directly.

I'd say the crust is pretty decent.  Most of the other places all use the same pre-made crust.  Yuck.  Giordano's has GF thin crust that they make, as well so you can get more than the basic cheese, sausage, or pepperoni.

Lou's can do a deep dish with a sausage crust that if GF and Chicago's has a GF stuffed that's ok.

I think we need to get all of us GF girls together for a Chicago pizza GTG.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    suzie211 said:
    Ranalli's in LP.  I'm in Bucktown and they deliver here and my old address in the GC.  We couldn't get the order off of Grubhub because it needed special instructions, so we called the restaurant directly.

I'd say the crust is pretty decent.  Most of the other places all use the same pre-made crust.  Yuck.  Giordano's has GF thin crust that they make, as well so you can get more than the basic cheese, sausage, or pepperoni.

Lou's can do a deep dish with a sausage crust that if GF and Chicago's has a GF stuffed that's ok.

Oh holy wow.  And no cross contamination?

There's a place outside of Philly that has a full GF menu, with staff that are really well trained (owner's son has celiac), and includes homemade GF desserts, which they keep in the top of the bakery case to prevent getting gluteny crumbs all over them.  So, after our Chicago G2G, I vote we have an ECGF Tour.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    suzie211 said:

Thanks!  I'm game for a GF Chicago pizza meet-up.  :)
  • Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    suzie211 said:

YUM!  I would be up for this. 

• Options
    I'm game for an ECGF GTG because it would give me an awesome reason to head towards DC to visit my sister while of the ladies that direction.

Pee k-  I tend to only have major problems with gluten when I eat it in larger quantities.  I've had a crouton accidentally end up in a salad and was miserable after.  Cross contamination probably isn't doing wonders for my GI system, but I tend to not be as careful as with it unless I've had major stomach issues after eating at a place.

But I know Ranalli's takes instructions well, and would probably take the extra steps if we ask for new gloves, etc.  Lou's, Chicago's, and Giordano's will all be hit or miss.  Giordano's had GF pasta, but all of their pasta sauce has gluten in it so I wouldn't be surprised if the pizza isn't handled as carefully as they should.

I do however, know a zillion other places that are careful and could be on our food coma list instead.  There's a donut place in Lincoln Park that is adding GF doughnuts to their menu (all made in a GF, nut free, dairy free facility), as well as a couple cupcake places that already have GF product with the same specifications.

photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    Suzie - we'll have to look into it.  I'm probably not going to be able to do anything this year - BF and I are going on vacation this summer, and then it's conference season again.  But we can maybe look at next summer?
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Pee k-  This summer would be tough for me, too.  Besides wedding planning we have 6 weddings to attend, and an insane amount of showers.  I think my free weekends until September are dwindling fast:(   But next year could work.

My sister is always trying to get me to come out to DC.  If I make it out there before then, I'll just have to let you EC knotties point me to some fun stuff to do.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards