October 2013 Weddings
Options

Oct 12 Brides

I wanted to post this yesterday, but TK was being.......difficult.........

We are 5 months away!  Scary how time is flying!

Also, yesterday was @Stina51286 's birthday - Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

Re: Oct 12 Brides

• Options
    Not sure if I should be freaking out or not.  I feel like we are doing good, but I could have rose colored glasses on.
  • Options
    I've tried to post this like, 15 times, and you beat me to it ;)

Yey - 5 months! I always say this, but it is going to fly.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    It is super scary. I realized our invites go out in 2 months and 18 days.

• Options
    So you're sending them out at the 3 month mark as well? I was thinking of doing it at 3 months, the knot says to do it at 3 months, but I saw it for other (shorter) time periods elsewhere. I think once they are addressed and ready, it will just make me happy to get them out.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013

I'm feeling ok at this point. Going to give the bridal shop a call this weekend and see if they have a better estimate for when my dress might be coming in. Other than that, not much else to really do at this point. But I did find this and love it:

I loved this blog when she was still updating it!  Too bad it hasn't been updated in years.  

ETA:  Here is the link to the blog: 

• Options
    NO JOKE THERE WAS AN UPDATE LAST WEEK. Granted, it is about depression again, but at least she exists.

I was wondering if it was the same person- I saw the update but hadn't followed the blog. But didn't put two and two together until you just posted this.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    NO JOKE THERE WAS AN UPDATE LAST WEEK. Granted, it is about depression again, but at least she exists.

I just read it!!!!!!!!!!!  It has been too long.......

• Options
    So you're sending them out at the 3 month mark as well? I was thinking of doing it at 3 months, the knot says to do it at 3 months, but I saw it for other (shorter) time periods elsewhere. I think once they are addressed and ready, it will just make me happy to get them out.
    August 1 which is 4 days more than 2 months.

• Options

I love that you have it down to an exact date. Sometime around the 3 month mark, I hope to get them out! 

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options

I love that you have it down to an exact date. Sometime around the 3 month mark, I hope to get them out! 

I may be a little crazy, but I have a countdown on my phone for a few different items.

1. Going up north May 19

2. My shower

3. My bach party

4. When the invites go out (I don't want to forget)

5. The wedding.

Yes, I am pathetic, I know.

• Options
    I also have reminders set for due dates for invitations to go out (mostly so I can make sure I'm on schedule!) Mine are going out at the 10 week mark (except for a few who have told us they need them earlier).

I also have a countdown for the day my dress is supposed to come in, RSVP date, and shower date!
  • Options
    We are sending ours out in July, since that would be the 3 month mark.  We have a couple of international ones, and even more bi-costal.  It takes 4 days roughly for a letter to get from NY to California, so we want to have two weeks for the invite to get there, and then time for everyone to make arrangements.  
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm planning on sending our invites out in July as well. But, most likely it will happen towards the middle of July.

ETA: I'm not an Oct 12 bride, though. :D I just wanted to post. 
  • Options
    Happy 5 months ladies!  I have no idea when to send my invites. I figure early August.  I think my RSVP date is September 21.  So the first of August would be 7 weeks.  That's too late if you are all doing 10-12 weeks.  

*panic*
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    Everything I've read says 6-8 weeks. So we are right around that mark if we do August 1. We have invites going to Canada, NC, MN, AZ, NY, etc.

• Options
    Llpions, you can always post.  You can also crash whatever of the weddings you want, or at least mine if you like.

Steph, I guess I'm just factoring in the amount of time invitations take.  International takes 7-10 depending on distance, just to go one way.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    None of ours are international, and very few out of state. But, I am still aiming for 3 months. I think.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    YES! I plan on coming to ALL OF THE WEDDINGS. 

Also: @09McSteph03: don't panic. (and don't forget your towel!) But 7 weeks should be just fine if you don't have any international or that many OOT's. I'm planning on a little early because, like @libby18bell, I have a fair number of invites that have to go to California.
  • Options
    I think if I got an invite 3 months out, I would forget. I've almost forgotten about events when I got the invite 2 weeks to a month out.

• Options
    I think if I got an invite 3 months out, I would forget. I've almost forgotten about events when I got the invite 2 weeks to a month out.
    I can understand since 3 months is really early - but I have to ask, "Really?" You wouldn't write it down in a calendar or make a phone alert?

Sure, you might not remember the exact date, or "is it 3 weeks from now or 4?" but would you seriously forget? When I run into relatives/friends, they ask about it already and know the date, and invites haven't been sent yet!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I can understand since 3 months is really early - but I have to ask, "Really?" You wouldn't write it down in a calendar or make a phone alert?

Sure, you might not remember the exact date, or "is it 3 weeks from now or 4?" but would you seriously forget? When I run into relatives/friends, they ask about it already and know the date, and invites haven't been sent yet!

I do write it down, but sometimes I don't look at my calendar for a while at times, or I have a calendar in my purse and we have one on the wall, if I write it in one and not the other, oops. I also work almost 50 hours a week at one job and then work another part time job. So sometimes I will completely forget until the day of or day before. I am seriously a really busy person. I've mentioned before our schedule is booked solid for May. Last year we had 10 weddings, which meant 10 bridal showers and I had 5 baby showers.

• Options

I do write it down, but sometimes I don't look at my calendar for a while at times, or I have a calendar in my purse and we have one on the wall, if I write it in one and not the other, oops. I also work almost 50 hours a week at one job and then work another part time job. So sometimes I will completely forget until the day of or day before. I am seriously a really busy person. I've mentioned before our schedule is booked solid for May. Last year we had 10 weddings, which meant 10 bridal showers and I had 5 baby showers.

I think the real problem here is that you're just too popular, @Stina51286.
  • Options
    @Lplions- true story- look sarcasm font exists!

• Options
    I'm also semi concerned that our wedding is over a holiday weekend, so I want people to be able to have extra time for travel arrangements.  We sent our STDs out slightly earlier than most I think too.  Also I know quite a few jobs that you need to give roughly 2-3 months notice on vacation days, so I want our friends to be covered.  

I get the multiple calendars thing Stina.  FI and I have a month to month dry erase calendar at home that we update every month, but I have the long term calendar here at work.  I've actually gotten to when I travel to visit his family or mine that I take another calendar so I can adjust if they want to book something.  With work being crazy, I didn't leave the office til a few minutes before midnight last night, and everyone booking up our weekends, this summer is turning out to be crazy and it's only just begun.
  • Options
    I'm also semi concerned that our wedding is over a holiday weekend, so I want people to be able to have extra time for travel arrangements.  We sent our STDs out slightly earlier than most I think too.  Also I know quite a few jobs that you need to give roughly 2-3 months notice on vacation days, so I want our friends to be covered.  

I get the multiple calendars thing Stina.  FI and I have a month to month dry erase calendar at home that we update every month, but I have the long term calendar here at work.  I've actually gotten to when I travel to visit his family or mine that I take another calendar so I can adjust if they want to book something.  With work being crazy, I didn't leave the office til a few minutes before midnight last night, and everyone booking up our weekends, this summer is turning out to be crazy and it's only just begun.

I semi think you are over thinking this. Airports wont be closed and to most people it is a normal working day. I believe basically only Federal offices are closed. They got their save the dates so I am sure they figured out vacation plans already or it is on their mind. I don't see a reason to be overly concerned about the holiday. Also, weren't you aware that you booked your date on a holiday weekend in the first place?

• Options
    I don't consider October 12th a holiday, or a holiday weekend. I guess technically it is and don't mean to sound at all disrespectful, but I'm not worried about guests not being able to make it due to it being a holiday.

If it were a Christmas Eve wedding, I would be worried.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I don't consider October 12th a holiday, or a holiday weekend. I guess technically it is and don't mean to sound at all disrespectful, but I'm not worried about guests not being able to make it due to it being a holiday.

If it were a Christmas Eve wedding, I would be worried.

My point exactly. Columbus Day isn't a huge holiday. The only thing closed here is the post office. The court houses are open, banks are open, schools are open.

• Options
    Holy cow!  I'm really in a mixed position right now.  Some big things are taken care of (Invites are already sent out for me, and I even have 20 RSVPs back!), but I also have things that I haven't done yet (like ALL fashion, DJ, and writing the ceremony.  Since summer is a busy season for me, I guess I need to kick it into gear!

Time to set up some appointments!
  • Options
    Actually we planned the wedding for a holiday weekend to make it easier for those with kids in school to travel and not have to miss school.  

I've seen some thing say 3 months out to send invitations, and others to send 8-10 weeks out.  If we send out the middle of July it's at the 12 week point, so slightly more than 10 weeks.
  • Options
    Actually we planned the wedding for a holiday weekend to make it easier for those with kids in school to travel and not have to miss school.  

I've seen some thing say 3 months out to send invitations, and others to send 8-10 weeks out.  If we send out the middle of July it's at the 12 week point, so slightly more than 10 weeks.

Not all schools have off. The only ones that might here are private schools.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards