Moms and Maids

Closed

Re: Closed

• I agree with your FI.  You have tried contacting her multiple times.  If she isn't responding there really isn't much else you can do.

The only thing I can think of is for you and the other BMs to discuss a budget that you all can afford and host a shower for the bride within that budget and without the help of the MOB.  If the MOB gets pissed that she isn't included then oh well.

Have invites been sent out for this shower yet?

• LakeR2014LakeR2014 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
  • Well I wouldn't plan anything until the bride gives you a guest list (make sure she knows that you and the other BMs can only afford X amount of people so she doesn't give you a list a mile long).

Honestly, if the bride doesn't give you a list and the MOB stays unreachable you absolutely do not have to throw a shower for this girl.  You can only do what you can do and right now it seems like the ball is in there court.

• Yikes!  I would call the bride for a guest list, since you need to be sure anyone invited is on her wedding/reception guest list as well.  I agree with Maggie that if she can't get you a list you can't be expected to throw a shower.  However if it's just the MOB who won't return calls I'd see if one of the local BMs would be willing to have it at their home and do something very low key with just a grocery store or costco sheet cake and punch.
  • The words 'put in charge of' make me cringe. That aside, get with the other BMs, find out what you can afford, find a date/time/venue, call the bride and say, 'We can have a shower at this place on this date at this time for this many people, please give me a list of who you'd like us to invite.' And go from there.

Also, if the MOB is your aunt, that makes the bride your cousin, and the MOB either a blood sister of one of your parents or an in-law of one of them. If at all possible, can you enlist the help of that parent in corralling the MOB/aunt to get her shit together?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards