Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Aisle Runner ?

Hi! General consensus seems to be that aisle runners are pretty useless. I'm just wondering if there is a reason for that ... ? I guess I can see how it might get bunched up or something, but are there really that many horror stories?

I am getting married at a golf club (ceremony and reception in the same room, turned over during cocktail hour) and I was thinking that I'd use an aisle runner to help distinguish the space a little bit. I know there are other ways to do this without an aisle runner but I guess I am just wondering why no one seems to like them.

Re: Aisle Runner ?

• Options
    People don't like them because:

A.) Major trip hazard. 

B.) They NEVER lay flat on grass.  NEVER.  Not all the weights, pins, and sumo wrestlers in the world can make them lay smooth.

C.) Unless you spend tons of money on a high quality one, it'll make the most horrendous "shush cshsh shush sshh" sound while you walk.  I've personally seen this happen, and it's embarrassing.  The bride laughed at herself while she noisily walked the aisle.

D.) Spend your money on other more important things first: like a hosted bar.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I will be using one at my ceremony but hopefully it wont cause many issues. I can understand how using one on "uneven ground" would cause some mishaps. But I would like something to cover the floors with because the carpet in the church is a very dull kind of carpet you find in school classrooms.

For my aisle runner, I am using the red carpet I had for my sweet 16 party that was "Hollywood" themed. At that party, I had 30 people dressed up and entering the party on my homemade red carpet. No one tripped and there were no mishaps so I feel pretty confident that myself and my wedding party (many of whom walked on that very carpet before at my party 7 years ago) will do just fine. The red also matches my wedding colors.

Since I already had the red carpet I had used before, and it's still in awesome condition as well as holding sentimental value for me, I have no problem using it now.

While I hate the color of the carpets in my ceremony venue, for me it would be a waste of money to buy one since they are not absolutely necessary, but I just figured why not use the aisle runner I already have since it's not an added expense?
  • Options
    Haha thanks ladies. I would for sure be the bride who'd trip. It's probably not worth the effort. I'll rig something with candles and/or flowers instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards