Chit Chat
Options

Prenup or no prenup?

13»

Re: Prenup or no prenup?

• Options

OP it comes down to what you want to protect in the event of a divorce. If you don't want to risk losing your house, get the pre-nup. If he loves you, he will understand.

H and I did not get a prenup since we are both broke as jokes and didn't deem it necessary.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Do you have a will? If so, is it because you think you're going to die soon?

Of course not! Lots of young people think dying anytime soon "won't happen to me". Many of those same people have a will.

Similarly, getting a prenup is not like you're planning to get divorced. Think of it like your will- you hope you never have to use it, but it's there just in case s*** hits the fan
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LizM61409 said:
    I want a prenup because I will be making over twice what FI makes. He makes a decent living and can easily support himself, so I basically just want a prenup that says I wouldn't pay any alimony.

I have yet to bring this up with him though, so we'll see how that conversation goes. Our wedding is still over a year away
    I'm not sure about your state, but in FL you cannot make a contract re: alimony.  Check with an attorney before you try that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards