Chit Chat
Options

RSVP's not required?

13»

Re: RSVP's not required?

• Options
    In Response to Re: RSVP's not required?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RSVP's not required? : It's just easier then dealing with her.  If you knew what I was dealing with you'd uderstand.  There are times when you just apligize and move on, and with her this is the case. 
    Posted by dlshaffer26[/QUOTE]

ok, again. I totally get that. You don't want to deal with her, you apologize and move on. Not the way I'd handle it, but whatever. It's your MIL.  But, still, you are complaining about the guests that reached out to her.  you are pissy that you have to deal with your crazy FMIL.  That isn't your guests fault. 

Listen, I have no idea if your wedding is going to suck or not. I wasn't invited.  But, you can't keep blaming your weird planning, your ridiculous caterer or your crazy FMIL on your guests.
  • Options
    TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Why would you book your wedding venue and date for a weekend that you know is crazy busy in that location?
  • Options
    They're only going from Altoona to Mechanicsburg.  It's not an 8 hour drive.  I would do that as a day trip and just make sure someone DD'd.  If they really need to stay in a hotel they can stay in York, Gettysburg, etc.

Just give your caterer a minimum number of people or minimum dollar amount you will pay for even if not that many actually attend.  If there are too many declines, go top notch on the entree, add a dessert to be served alongside the cake, upgrade the bar, add more passed appetizers.  Don't requireyour guests to RSVP so early.  Guests should have an RSVP date with RSVP card (to make it easy for them, not to make meal selection).  RSVP date should be a week or two before when your caterer needs the final count rather than the tentative count.  Call your guests shortly before the final count is due if they have not responded - you cannot just assume they will not attend.

We have to go to a wedding with similar situations this summer - one of the busiest weekends for that location, scheduled at worst time for immediate family, RSVP when the invites should be going out - and honestly we might have to stay a ways from the venue and RSVP late because we are not in a situation where we can make promises 6-8 weeks out or book a hotel room 3 months out.  I don't like RSVPing late but we don't have much choice, all we can do is do our best to make it and apologize for the late RSVP.
  • Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Find a different caterer. Call everyone. There are websites that will help you find telephone numbers and there is the good old fashioned directory assistance...calling 411. When you get them on the phone, apologize for sending the invites so early...tell them you were excited and wanted to make sure they knew ahead of time so they could reserve a hotel room....explain the situation with the car show, etc and that you apologize and tell them you werent thinking and should have sent "save the date" cards rather than the poorly worded invitations...and will be sending proper invitations shortly. Then go on vistaprint, to Michael's craft store, to Walmart, etc and get invitations and send out proper invitations with proper self addressed, stamped RSVP cards.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oy vey, this is one messy clusterf*ck. 

• Options
    [QUOTE]When.  Is.  Your.  RSVP.  Date?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Stage, I <3 your dedication to this question. I'm only half-way through this thread, and I've seen OP be asked that question half a dozen times with no answer from. I'll read through to the end and see if she answers, but I appreciate your persistence here! :)
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    [QUOTE]n Response to Re: RSVP's not required? : Why didn't you start calling hotels 9-12 months in advance if you knew it was a busy season.  I know I had one room already blocked off 10 months in advance.  JIC rooms got booked because of sporting events (luckily both Pitt and Steelers have a bye week the week of my wedding since I am a special snowflake ;).  Sending them out 5 months in advance was not helping anyone out if you could not get a hotel block 6 months in advance. I would never rsvp via facebook.  I understand you wanted to save money, but you should have gave them a card to send you back to rsvp with.  Since you do not have a rsvp date (guessing since you haven't answered this question which has been asked multiple times) I would not rsvp, either. Edit: OP - cancel everything and reschedule it for next year.  That way you can have hotels blocked off and you can save money for the wedding and relax a bit.
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

Becasue I got engaged in Feb of ths year and I did answer the RSVP question.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards