Getting in Shape
Options

AW: update on hating to run

I ran a mile today! 11:43. I know it's NOT a big feat to most, but it really is to me. 

Like you all suggested, I slowed down a lot (5.3). It was cold today, so I did run on the treadmill (with a whole new playlist). 

From here, I'm thinking weekly I'm going to add .25 miles and I'll try to run 3 days a week. Seem doable? 

Re: AW: update on hating to run

• Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Great run! Definitely doable! Adding in small incriments is a good way to get into it. Once or twice a week add the extra .25 in and then once a week time your mile and you'll be improving all over the place. You go hot stuff!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    DEFINITELY doable!!  Congrats on a great run!  And who cares if it's a "big feat" to other people, you're the one working your butt off so you're the only one who matters!!

Plus runners tend to be a supportive bunch who're just happy to see someone else crazy enough to lace up their sneakers!!

You go, lady!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

Yes! I felt like I could have kept going, but didn't want to get overzealous on day 1. I had a tiny stomach cramp in the last two minutes, but nothing like it was when I was trying to run before. I think I'm going to go get some new sneakers, too. 
  • Options
    Nice job!! Definitely be proud:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CONGRATS! Any milestone should be celebrated regardless of how big or small it is in comparison, because it's your milestone. Like anything else when it comes to the body, it's about habits and routines and you've got to go step by step.

Keep at it and before you know it, fall will be here and you'll be running twice the distance and then you'll look back onto May and I bet you'll do it with a smile knowing how far you've come!

• Options
    That's awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards