Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Avoiding tan lines?

Hi, all,

I can't believe I'm about to type this, but I'm getting marriend in 38 days. Whoah!

The outdoor pools just opened here, and while I don't want to get too dark, I wouldn't mind some color. My dress is backless, though, and I pretty much only own bikinis.

Any tips for avoiding tanlines? I plan to unhook or untie the back when I lay on my stomach, but when I swim I worry about getting a little line-- if I untie it when I lay out is that enough to avoid it? 

Re: Avoiding tan lines?

• I think that you should invest in a good sunscreen too.

Can you get any low-back one-pieces?
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think the only way to avoid it completely is to wear a strapless top and untie the back when you're on your stomach.  I avoided the sun for 3 month leading up to my wedding and still had to get a spray tan to cover my lines since they hadn't completely faded.
  • In Response to Avoiding tan lines?:
    [QUOTE]Hi, all, I can't believe I'm about to type this, but I'm getting marriend in 38 days. Whoah! The outdoor pools just opened here, and while I don't want to get too dark, I wouldn't mind some color. My dress is backless, though, and I pretty much only own bikinis. Any tips for avoiding tanlines? I plan to unhook or untie the back when I lay on my stomach, but when I swim I worry about getting a little line-- if I untie it when I lay out is that enough to avoid it? 
    Posted by IrisAnnie[/QUOTE]

I'd probably skip the pool for the month!   You'd still have most of the summer after your wedding to enjoy it.

• Sunscreen.
  • I'm actually getting an airbrush tan. It's about $40. Personally, I think it's worth it to avoid tan lines. Plus my fiance works outside and he is soooooo tan. I work inside all day and am soooo fair skinned.
  • Get a spray tan!  They are awesome! They look natural and then you don't have to worry about tan lines at all!!!!
  • I agree, avoiding the sun is probably easier than trying to fix a tan line later on...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards