Wedding Party

two flower girls and two ring bearers

I'm having two sets of flower girls and two sets of ring bearers for our wedding. The flower girls will be 3 and 4 and the ring bearers will be 5 and 6. I am wondering how we have them walk down the isle. Do we have them walk down as couples or do we have the two flower girls walk together and the two ring bearers walk together or can all 4 of them go down together. Also, is it ok if both flower girls carry a basket with rose petals and both ring bearers have a pillow? I've only been to weddings with two flower girls and no ring bearers, so I don't really have a clue what to do!

Re: two flower girls and two ring bearers

• i think either way is fine.

Can I suggest something? I think you should have both flower girls carry baskets with rose petals, and for the ring bearers, instead of having them both hold a pillow, have them hold a sign that says "Here comes the bride" or you can personalize it. What I am doing is having a sign made that says "Uncle David, here comes your Bride" (the ring bearer in my wedding is his nephew Its a little surpise, he thinks his nephew will just be holding a pillow).  I included a picture - i hope you can see it.
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I had 2 ring bearers (2.5 y/o and 4 y/o) and they ended up walking with 2 of my younger bridesmaids (7 and 9). We were unsure of how the 2 y/o would be so we just let them walk how they wanted to the day of.

You can have them walk down however you'd like, but prepare that it might not go down that way at the ceremony!

• In Response to two flower girls and two ring bearers:
    [QUOTE]I'm having two sets of flower girls and two sets of ring bearers for our wedding. The flower girls will be 3 and 4 and the ring bearers will be 5 and 6. I am wondering how we have them walk down the isle. Do we have them walk down as couples or do we have the two flower girls walk together and the two ring bearers walk together or can all 4 of them go down together. Also, is it ok if both flower girls carry a basket with rose petals and both ring bearers have a pillow? I've only been to weddings with two flower girls and no ring bearers, so I don't really have a clue what to do!
    Posted by briana144[/QUOTE]

Bolded: Just say two flower girls and two ring bearers. 

I would have them walk down FG+FG and RB+RB or all four of them together - not in "couples". 

Yes, the girls can both carry a basket of rose petals and both boys can carry a pillow.  Instead of a pillow, I tied a bow around my late grandmother's bible and tied the rings to that.  If you don't want both of them carrying a pillow, maybe one could carry a pillow and the other a family bible (or something else important to you). 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I think PP gave great advice but I would suggest tying on fake rings to the pillows and what not that you are having the ring bearers carry.  I don't know about you but I wouldn't trust my wedding rings with a 5 and 6 year old.

• In Response to Re: two flower girls and two ring bearers:
    [QUOTE]i think either way is fine. Can I suggest something? I think you should have both flower girls carry baskets with rose petals, and for the ring bearers, instead of having them both hold a pillow, have them hold a sign that says "Here comes the bride" or you can personalize it. What I am doing is having a sign made that says "Uncle David, here comes your Bride" (the ring bearer in my wedding is his nephew Its a little surpise, he thinks his nephew will just be holding a pillow).  I included a picture - i hope you can see it.
    Posted by Daizy106[/QUOTE]

Super cute idea. If I weren't having any kids in the wedding party, I'd totally jump for this. 
  • We have 2 boys (5 and 10 years old) and 1 girl (5 years old). One of the boys will be walking down the aisle with the best man, the other with the MOH, and the girl will be walking with my other BM. On leashes. What can I say, they need to be restrained! I'll attach a photo of one of the boys and the girl in their wedding attire, so you can see what I mean about the leashes.... :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amalamaamalama member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I think anything really is fine but if these kids are related maybe consider having them walk in by family? Like if two are brother and sister have them walk in together. We are doing ours that way (we have all of our nieces and nephews in the wedding) just because it pairs some older kids with younger and will be another cute picture (hopefully) to give their parents.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We ended up with five kids in the wedding. Three flowers girls, and two ring bearers.  We walked the two shortest flower girls in first, and then the tallest flower girl and the two boys together, who happen to all be related.

however, the second group started walking really fast, and it ended up being a little kid cluster and all 5 sort of walked down together like a little pack. It was pretty funny. 

Moral of my story... it doesn't really matter.  Do whatever you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards