Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Help? Looking for tea cups!

My wedding is outside, in/on the grounds of an 1800's farmhouse. It's all-around vintage themed, and we were thinking it would be really nice to give out tea cups filled with chocolate as the favor. However, for cost effectiveness, they need to be $1 or less each. Anyone know of any good place (other than Goodwill or thrift shops) that we could find them?

If you've done this, please let me know where you found them!

Re: Help? Looking for tea cups!

• Options
    yard sales
  • Options
    Dollar store for the teacups. I'd splurge on the chocolates though. Cheap chocolates are so disappointing.
  • Options
    Check out a restaurant supply store.
  • Options
    I'm gonna suggest skipping them.  People have no use for a random teacup just because it fit the decor of your wedding.  I am NOT trying to be snarky here, I am trying to save you some money!  I think this is something people would leave behind.  I would take the chocolate and leave it.

Ask yourself this:  how many people do you know who even HAVE teacups?  I own 2 and they were brought back from Japan by my parents (Dad was stationed there in the Air Force back in the 50's).  They are in a box because I don't have a suitable place to display them.  People don't drink out of them and they are a dust collector.  I really am trying to save you some money here.
  • Options
    I agree with kmmssg that you should skip them.  Just have the chocolate as your favor.  I don't think many people will like (or even take) the teacups for their own use.  

If you want to incorporate teacups into your decor, what about planting little flowers or herbs in them and having them as part of your centerpieces or other decorations?  You could let people who wanted them take them, if you wanted to do that after the reception finished.  I also think you will get nicer, more vintage teacups if you aren't pressured to get one for every guest as a favor.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Help? Looking for tea cups!:
    [QUOTE]I'm gonna suggest skipping them.  People have no use for a random teacup just because it fit the decor of your wedding.  I am NOT trying to be snarky here, I am trying to save you some money!  I think this is something people would leave behind.  I would take the chocolate and leave it. Ask yourself this:  how many people do you know who even HAVE teacups?  I own 2 and they were brought back from Japan by my parents (Dad was stationed there in the Air Force back in the 50's).  They are in a box because I don't have a suitable place to display them.  People don't drink out of them and they are a dust collector.  I really am trying to save you some money here.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

Honestly, what wedding have you been to in which you really appreciated the favor? I don't want to give them just chocolates, as that's what all of my friends (who have all gotten married within the year before me) have given out as favors. 

Everything just seems cheap, overdone, or boring. 
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Help? Looking for tea cups!:[QUOTE]I agree with kmmssg that you should skip them. nbsp;Just have the chocolate as your favor. nbsp;I don't think many people will like or even take the teacups for their own use. nbsp;If you want to incorporate teacups into your decor, what about planting little flowers or herbs in them and having them as part of your centerpieces or other decorations? nbsp;You could let people who wanted them take them, if you wanted to do that after the reception finished. nbsp;I also think you will get nicer, more vintage teacups if you aren't pressured to get one for every guest as a favor. Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE] I think this is a much better way to incorporate a teacup into your theme to set the tone verses sending guests home with individual cups. It'd be a very random favor and as pp have stated I would just leave it behind and take the chocolates to go. Edible is always a good way to do a favor, that's why most of your friends are doing it...people like it.
  • Options
    actually i love teacups but i'd wholly prefer you give me higher quality chocolate than chocoalte and tea cup.

• Options
    In Response to Re: Help? Looking for tea cups!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help? Looking for tea cups! : Honestly, what wedding have you been to in which you really appreciated the favor? I don't want to give them just chocolates, as that's what all of my friends (who have all gotten married within the year before me) have given out as favors.  Everything just seems cheap, overdone, or boring. 
    Posted by EmilyM143[/QUOTE]

The favors I have enjoyed are the ones I can eat and I don't have to take home any dust collectors!  I truly enjoy those.  Edible is never overdone.

The weddings where I haven't enjoyed the favors were the votives, the candles, the ornament, not to mention stuff with names or dates.  Oh and the stupid seeds and plants - those all hit the garbage first thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards