Outdoor Weddings
Options

March (Sunday) wedding or June (Saturday) wedding ?

My fiancée and I are a bit torn deciding between the only two available dates for our wedding (at our dream venue). We wanted a Saturday in March but there is only Sundays available.

There was also one Saturday available in early June but we are worried about the heat and possible rain.

Which is the lesser of the evils? *the venue has a covered shelter for the reception but is open for ceremony.

Re: March (Sunday) wedding or June (Saturday) wedding ?

• Options
    OneLuckyNurseOneLuckyNurse member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    In Response to March (Sunday) wedding or June (Saturday) wedding ?:
    [QUOTE]My fiancée and I are a bit torn deciding between the only two available dates for our wedding (at our dream venue). We wanted a Saturday in March but there is only Sundays available. There was also one Saturday available in early June but we are worried about the heat and possible rain. Which is the lesser of the evils? *the venue has a covered shelter for the reception but is open for ceremony.
    Posted by gingin724[/QUOTE]

My FI and I just ran into a very similar problem. Our dream date got booked so we had to pick very eary May (still can be really chilly in IL) or Early June. We actually looked at the national weather service for average highs and lows of each date. That helped us decide. The May date had and average of 55 while the June of 75 (and we're outdoors for part of the wedding also). That made the decisions for us right there. We may still have to be inside due to rain but the cold shouldn't be a factor. I would reccomend doing something similar. Look up weather averages, they wont be perfect but they will give you an idea for your area. Also they give the average rain for that day of the year too. :) Good luck!

Visit The Knot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Great advice to look up the average rainfall and temp for your area!! I found this helpful also. 

Have you considered holding off until March 2015? I know you're probably eager to get married, but if it's your dream venue and your dream date with your dream man :), it might be worth the wait. You'd have more time to plan and save, also. If you're feeling like you might regret June, you probably don't want it for an anniversary for the rest of your life either!!  If holding off isn't an option and you're outdoors, I'd pick the best possible weather date, whatever that may be.
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    gingin724 said:
    My fiancée and I are a bit torn deciding between the only two available dates for our wedding (at our dream venue). We wanted a Saturday in March but there is only Sundays available. There was also one Saturday available in early June but we are worried about the heat and possible rain. Which is the lesser of the evils? *the venue has a covered shelter for the reception but is open for ceremony.
    Where are you located?  Could March be too cold??  (I wish TK didn't take away the locations under our user names....)
  • Options
    Have you talked to your family/VIPs to see if they have any preference?  If you knew someone would be unable to make one date over the other, it might help in the decision making.  I also like the advice about checking the average temps for the dates you're looking at.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards