Just Engaged and Proposals

Mother's Day Engagement

My FI and I started dating back in February of 2011 after meeting through a mutual friend. I was a single mom to an almost 4 year old little boy at the time we met and had no interest in dating. It didn't take long for me to realize he was the one for me. My FI has taken on the father role in my son's life and is an amazing father. My son absolutely loves him so much. We purchased our first home together last fall and have been talking about getting married but nothing too serious.  Over Mother's Day weekend, we took a trip to Ohio to visit with my FI's family for a barbecue. After lunch, I went inside the house to read a book and relax but ended up being called out several times to come out for dessert. When I went outside, both my son (now 6) and my FI walked up to me. My son handed me a box and said "I want us to be a family." In the box contained my ring and my FI asked me to marry him. It was a perfect moment being surrounded by family and I love how my FI included my son into the proposal. My FI's cousin recorded the whole proposal and other family members took pictures so I now have the proposal both in photos and video. I couldn't be happier and my son is excited that we are a family.

Re: Mother's Day Engagement

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards