Wedding Invitations & Paper

Help, Vegas wedding already getting too big! Invite ideas! 8/30/13

So ladies I am having invite issues.  Going to Vegas for a small wedding.  We have already maxed out our 30 guest limit and we haven't even sent official invites yet.  Both families want to throw me a shower and friends want a bachelorette party here in MN.  My issue is invites, who do I send them too, everyone that is coming to the wedding?  Do I send invites to those that said they can't make it?  Also there is a live webcast of our ceremony for those that can't make it, how should i send family and friends the info about that so they can watch if they want??  Any suggestions?  

Re: Help, Vegas wedding already getting too big! Invite ideas! 8/30/13

• vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    You only invite people to pre-wedding functions that are invited to the physical wedding. It is very rude to ask them to come to a party to celebrate an event they are not even invited to.  You should politely decline any of these events if the guest list goes outside of your 30 wedding invites.

I would skip the webcast.  It makes people feel second rate.  It is like you are saying "you are not important enough to come to the wedding, but you can watch it on a  live-feed"

Just stick your 30 invites.  People understand small guestlists.  You have to decide who you really want there with you within your venue and budget constraints. 
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    You don't invite anyone to anything wedding-related who's not invited to the wedding, whether that's a shower, bachelor/ette party, rehearsal dinner, post-wedding celebration, or whatever.  So if they're not invited to go with you to Vegas, they're not invited, period.

Also, I agree with the PP: skip the webcast.  I would not be impressed by an invitation to watch remotely a wedding I wasn't invited to attend live.

If you really want a small Vegas wedding, then just invite 30 guests and make that your guest list for all wedding-related events.  Tell everyone else, "Thanks, but while we appreciate the good thoughts, we're having a small wedding, so we're forgoing other parties."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards