Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Addressing Invites Help

I have several people on my guest list  who have SO's that of course will be invited to the wedding. My problem is, I don't really know how to address their invites both on the outer and inner envelope if the couple doesn't live together. I'm assuming they only get one invite for the two of them, but if they don't live together do I address the outer envelope to the person I am closest to and put both of their names just on the inner envelope? Or do both of their names go on both envelopes with the person's address who we are closest with even though the other person doesn't live there?

For example, let's say I am inviting my friend Amanda Smith and her fiancé John Howard (fake names): how would the wording on both envelopes go?

I know it's possible to just address the outer envelope to Amanda Smith and the inner envelope to Amanda Smith and Guest, but I figured that was poor etiquette if you already know their guest's name...Could be wrong though

Re: Addressing Invites Help

• Options
    We addressed the outer to Amanda Smith and the inner to Amanda and John.
  • Options
    It depends on whether you'd invite the SO if they weren't dating your friend. My MOH is on-again/off-again dating/engaged to her SO. Since I'm never clear from week to week where they are emotionally and relationally, I addressed the STDate to:

Ms. MOH Lastname
    Mr. SO Lastname
    Her address

And I'll do the invite that way, too. This way, it's clear he's invited ONLY because he's her SO, and not independently. If they break up, he's not still invited.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    If you're good friends with both, I'd maybe send an invite to both. If one is your "main" friend (as in you wouldn't invite the other if they weren't a couple), I'd just send it to that one with both names on it as people put above, though etiquette says every person gets one 18+ (13+ on another wedding website!), unless married, I believe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards