Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Donation as Favor- To share, or not to share?

I need some opinions on something FH and I would like to inlude in our day. 

A few very close family members of ours have MS.  Also, one of my oldest friends lost his mother to MS last year (his father and siblings are also invited to the wedding, very dear friends).  We wanted to make a donation to the National MS Society in honor of those we've lost to the disease.  This means a lot to both of us, however, I hadn't thought through the concept of how cheesy and self centered pointing out said donation at the wedding could be. (ie: putting out cards stating we made a donation rather than having favors.)  I would so much rather donate to a good cause than purchse favors that are going to end up in the trash, lost or forgotten.  

MOB is very excited about organizing a candy bar with take out bags as well.  This would be the closest thing to a favor we will have. 

The last thing I want is for it to look like "Oh look at us, we are so wonderful that we made a donation...."
Any ideas as to how we can include this into our day?  Or are we better off keeping it between us?
image 145 Invited
image 121 Are ready to party!
image 24 Will be missing out!
image Everyone has finally RSVP'd!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Donation as Favor- To share, or not to share?

• Options
    Keep it between you and your FI.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    you don't need a favor at all, and the candy bar sounds nice.  I would keep the donation between you and FI.
  • Options

A candy buffet are our favors.... I don't know why you think you need anything else.... A lot of people don't do favors anyways. Take home bags of candy are more than enough.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you are making a donation to a charity that means a lot to you, I don't think you have to keep it to yourselves. You don't need a ton of reminders to your guests that you made the donation, but one sign at the table where you have the guestbook or photos or whatever would be nice. If your guests  have been affected by MS then they would likely feel honored to know you made a donation. Just my thoughts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    On our menu cards, we had a small notation that in lieu of a favor, we made a donation to cancer research in memory of my father and the groom's mother.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards